• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to hang in here on new updates

zout

Suggestion on main site forum without being logged in.

For me personally I had looked to see who was on before attemping to log in - this made a major influence to wether join in or not.

Besides srolling to the bottom of the main forum to see who is on is a PIA. Being convenient to the left was awesome - clicking on these to make a quick pm to them
was convenient - besides just wanting to one on one pm them.

Without scrolling to the bottom in the main form open screen is a pia as mentioned and I get little time to play on here - so therefore I spend more than 99% less time here
not knowing who is on without spending time to roll to the bottom of the screen instead of seeing to the left conveniently to the left in non logged in status is worthless to only me I guess.

If someone controls watching the access to the site has to have noticed something different - meaning less folks here.
Site is cool and updated - just may not be my "kinda type of tea".

Signed:
Struggling to hang in here.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too really miss the instant visibility of who is online. Any chance we can get it back. I really like most of the changes and the new Chat but the members online was a great feature.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can see logging on or off in something like chat depending on who is there but I really don't see it in the forum. The forum isn't real time and I just go to "new post" and see what's been posted since I was here last.

I have to admit that I would look and see who was on-line when it was more convenient though. A lot of the time I would look before sending a PM so I would know to expect a fast response or not (unless they are logged on a choose to ignore you until a later time).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't get so excited, that was Gimpy's holloween costume!

3dAngus

I was losing interest too. Someone mentioned if you click on the bottom left corner box marked, "Higher Contrast", the background would change from dull grey to our OD Green again.

I'm much happier with the colors now.

Can't help with the login names, but I do understand the desire for it being there. I look for it only when I want to see if someone is on that would see a quick PM, but, we're all different and have different concerns. Good luck with your request.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Suggestion on main site forum without being logged in.
For me personally I had looked to see who was on before attemping to log in - this made a major influence to wether join in or not.
Besides srolling to the bottom of the main forum to see who is on is a PIA. Being convenient to the left was awesome - clicking on these to make a quick pm to them
was convenient - besides just wanting to one on one pm them.
Without scrolling to the bottom in the main form open screen is a pia as mentioned and I get little time to play on here - so therefore I spend more than 99% less time here
not knowing who is on without spending time to roll to the bottom of the screen instead of seeing to the left conveniently to the left in non logged in status is worthless to only me I guess.
If someone controls watching the access to the site has to have noticed something different - meaning less folks here.
Signed:

Dear Struggling to hang in there:

While I agree the new site is not as "comfortable" as we were used to I am getting used to it and I try to understand why it was needed.

From what I understand, the old site was sorta like a "leaking dam" and the poor lil Dutch boy (patracy) ran out of thumbs and was tired of sticking them in the holes anyway.:patracy:

I also think I have gone into "the winter time blahs" mode even though the weather here has been ALMOST perfect! I guess it's just that time of year.;-)

I HATED that I could not see who was on line and who was in Chat on each page until I found that I could click on "Forum" and scroll to the bottom and see it all.
DAMMIT MAN!!! Another click and another two more seconds of my life spent looking for happiness. Oh Well...

As the best friend I ever had (you) says frequently..."It is what it is...Deal with it Bro".
You MUST keep up your titles of "Commander Warp" and "The CAMO Bulldog"!!

Now, I will be on Chat tonight at 20:00hrs and if you're not there, tomorrow I'm gonna go to the Compound and get a can of white spray paint and write "SLACKER" all over your M43!!!

Signed: The Imperial First Sergeant

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I click on forum then quick links then today's posts.

I check the notifications in the upper right corner once in a while. I can live with the rest.

Dave, drink some more cherry juice or apple pie and relax but not too much, we don't want you to turn into a slobbering pile of mush.....

Ridgerunner

Signed:
I'm struggling to hang in as well. I try to look at the new site change as a positive. I use to be on here everyday, and usually on for quite a spell. Now with the updated change, I find myself checking in, maybe every few days at that. And even then it's for only like five minutes or so. SS use to be the very first site that I would go to when I had some time to sit in front of the computer. Now SS seems to stay at the bottom of my address bar list, and if I get to it or not, no big deal. Now on the positive side, I spend a little more time in the garage, instead of on my butt going through, viewing Steelsoldiers.

If you need a quick fix from to good o'l days, click this.... http://web.archive.org/web/20110723175734/http://www.steelsoldiers.com/

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave if you go to the quick links button, and click, it brings a drop down, which has, Who's Online.

Bam!
Yeah, that's handy, just 14 pages to scroll through to look at who's online. Nice upgrade.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you guys are doing(wrong) is what I was originally doing, your confusing "upgrade" with "improvement".

The site needed to change. We got change.

Last edited:

jrobinson5093

I too have found myself not on SS as much but I do not believe it is because of the up grade. I personally have gotten to like it but have not figured out every thing about it yet.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to the bottom of the "who's online" page, you can change the number of listings per page, and who is being shown. I set mine to "members only", and 100 entries. Cut way down on the number of pages.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks