• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dukw progress thread

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is not a "money making" project...it's a project of love for the Veterans that used the DUKWS and I want to get her out there for them before they are all gone.
I like your plan!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great plans Larry. Did anyone else note a lack of Clinto patricipation in this DUKW thread?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think Clinto may have gotten a little "turned off" when I told him we were gonna paint the DUKW bright pink with purple poka dots and put some "spinner" hubcaps on it!rofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...so after over a month of holidays, blaster delays and just down right laziness, the DUKW is sitting patiently on the landoll hooked to the M818 and awaiting transport to the blaster tomorrow.
Not sure how long it will take as the blaster is gonna work on her in between other jobs to keep my cost down.

Anyhoo, I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow night when she is safely nestled in at the blaster's AO.

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way Kewl PB! Laziness from the "Imperial First Sergeant"? Tell us it ain't so, Top! LOL I'm sure there is a plausible and justifiable reason! LOL
God bless,
Tony

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bare metal, or smithereens?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have 10 nos 1100x18 tires for sale.I bought them for my gama goat.They are hard to find.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Bare metal, or smithereens?
Oh yea of little faith!!!:confused: Bare metal of course. I know she LOOKS terrible but there is actually very little rot and that's confined to the lower hull and easily cut out and repaired as it's flat panel areas.

You won't believe the difference when we get her blasted and primed.:papabear:

jw4x4

It will be great to see it up and running. If nothing else, just to prove you can stuff a bear inside a duck and drive it around!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks