• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dukw progress thread

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Blaster got started yesterday and called me this morning...the blasting compressor decided to quit on him!! OH well...he says it will be fixed today hopefully and should be completed by Tuesday...or sooner.

Here's a few pics of work so far:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:drool:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...time for some help here.
Doc wants to paint the DUKW Navy Gray. I don't really have a problem with that and it WOULD be a correct color as I have seen a FEW WWII pictures with gray DUKWS.
On the other hand, I have a hankering to paint her WWII OD Green.

The MAJORITY of the DUKWs I've seen in pics are OD and I'm leaning in that direction. I'm not gonna start a seperate thread with a poll but I'd be interested in what some of you think the color should be...and why. I know the pic below says "Royal Marines" but it looks like some of the gray ones I've seen pics of.

She should be back from the blaster early next week but it will be some time before we actually paint her.

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey PB,
If the "majority" are OD green, wouldn't you want yours to stand out as a little more, be unique and special? Something that isn't seen that often? I realize that you are the "Imperial First Sergeant" and have an affinity for all things OD, but the Navy trucks would be special. Could pull info from former Navy gents here on the site. Then, maybe you could do an "inter-service transfer" and go Navy. She's looking great, and I'm sure you'll do a bang up job whatever color you choose.
God bless,
Tony

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It has to be green, preferably with invasion markings!

Carlo

Blaster got started yesterday and called me this morning...the blasting compressor decided to quit on him!! OH well...he says it will be fixed today hopefully and should be completed by Tuesday...or sooner.

Here's a few pics of work so far:
I thought I had some big projects but mine now seam all small compared to yours. Keep us postted please!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a lot of respect for the Navy and its history but I just have to go with the OD. If you leave it gray, then people will think it is still in primer!! :?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks