• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The "Road Oiler" gets overdrive (700R4 Swap)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If all else fails, I have a bed on my truck. Have troop seats or the steel topper as well. There will likely be a wrecker at the rally if you want to wait.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If all else fails, I have a bed on my truck. Have troop seats or the steel topper as well. There will likely be a wrecker at the rally if you want to wait.

We'll keep that plan in mind.

I was starting to disassemble the extra pieces of the welder/generator for removal just this morning, the parts that connect it to the box. As I'm doing that, I started thinking about why in the world I would want to keep it. I have generators so I don't need it for that. I have a small welder and access to larger ones if needed, so I don't need it for that. I think I was just being a packrat...no more. The welder/generator is going as well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scrapped mine. They are heavier than a barge load of anvils. I did save the pallet that slides on the rails in the bed. A nice Miller Trailblazer would be a better choice. Let me know if you get serious, I'll send pics.

number364

curious to see what your rpms drop to, if you save some fuel. I'm messing around with hho injection for diesels as fuel prices are ridiculous. Experiencing 30% gain in a duramax. kit is on the way for my cucv

whiskey357

Banned
friend of mine got a 1028 from GL last year ....Traded a engine upgrade for the the rear on his 1028....Extra 500 rebuilt tranny and driveshaft for the total rig....looks good got a replacemnt bed from car junkyard.........had the shop put it on and rebuild the front end and replace the rear with a rebuilt one ...get around 60mph and around 12 mpg...nice set great stero in it also...nice guy

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scrapped mine. They are heavier than a barge load of anvils. I did save the pallet that slides on the rails in the bed. A nice Miller Trailblazer would be a better choice. Let me know if you get serious, I'll send pics.

That's one of the main reasons I decided to convert it back to a 1028. I figure with the weight of the welder/generator and that big azz box I'm carrying around at least 1500 excess pounds. And that equates to way too much lost fuel.

When I had my 3/4 ton Ram, that truck didn't start to ride nice until you had almost a ton in the back of it...The 1028 GVW is even higher than the Ram was, and that truck just rides too nice. With a suspension rated at over 9K GVW, it should be jarring my guts out on my bumpy back roads.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do want to get a trailer also. I'm hoping to find a decent M101a3 within my budget.

The bed is being taken care of as we speak. After the GA rally I should be driving back home in an M1028.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks