• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found this

WC43

I was looking for a replacement 383 Dodge for my 69 W100 andfound this. Appears to be a used take out power pack for the V100? The cratecontains the complete engine, generator, starter, radiator, power steering pumpand a box of small parts. The engine will turn over by hand and feels good.Have not had time to really get into it. Will post more pics. as I get into the crate.361 a.jpg361 b.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M75 was used in several MVs back in the day (including the early M113s), but that radiator is definitely V100, so I would be brash enough to presume the rest is too.
The V100 radiator hangs above and in front of the engine at a 45 degree angle (approximately), thus the offset cap on the tank.
great find!

Cheers

B3.3T

Jeff, there's an aftermarket radiator we have used in V-100. Let me know if you need the info.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff has first dibs on stuff, but if he doesn't want the generator adjustment arm, and it goes up for grabs, I would like it.

The one on my V is not an original, so I would like to replace it for that reason, and also because it may cure my fan belt leaping off at inopportune moments.

Cheers

Attachments

baseballump

Rory See Vann and I were correct when we told you that wan't the correct adjustment arm. Its funny how the mind works, I culdn't tell you what I had for lunch, but we remembered that. Only been 40+ yrs Louie

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I knew you were right! Particularly when Vann climbed into the drivers seat saying "I haven't been in one of these for 40 years, I'll see if I remember how to start it" and had it running 7 seconds later.. :driver:

Like a couple of other bits, I used what I could get. But if I can get the right part, I will use it! Maybe next time you fellers come down we can drive the V til you get tired, rather than til it throws the belts...:roll:

Cheers

baseballump

Rory Let me tell you we had a great time the way it was. When we come down next we want you to have the air cond. working. that 106 temp was a little to much. You were a great host and we ,well, can't thank you effect for the fun time we had. And, the stories that we told on the way back about the Vs and the convoys we ran in Nam. Hope you have all the gifts bought for Christmas and yous have a Merry one Louie

WC43

I am never going to get around to using this, engine has been used, turns over by hand with nothing feeling funny. someone want to make an offer and come pick it up near Reno NV. I don't think the create would survive commercial freight service.

Last edited:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For information as far as engines go, unless there are special block castings for the V-100, all Mopar B series motors, 361,383, and 400 are the same basic configuration. When you get into the 413 and 440 RB series the block deck height is different. They all can be interchanged as far as bell housings, etc. goes but the higher deck height and resulting wider profile of the RB series might present some problems in a confined space.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI on this engine. I ended up buying this engine and the remaining items from the seller. It sat in my truck for about 3 weeks with a tarp over it b/c I didn't have access to my garage b/c a **** M16 halftrack was blocking access. Finally moved the 1/2 track and unloaded the engine about 3 weeks ago. Finally opened the crate about a week ago. This engine has been run, but it appears only for a test run as the exhaust ports have no carbon in them, there are no leaks, etc. The engine was rebuillt in 1968 and then went through a limited inspection / test run in 1980. The oil is clear and looks like new on the inside, at least what I could inspect with my fiber optic camera. Very happy to have it.

one question, who ended up buying the exhaust manifolds?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks