• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700R4 TV Cable -- WARNING!!!!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WARNING TO ALL

DO NOT BUY THE TV CABLE FROM ROCKAUTO.COM FOR AN 84 K5 Blazer w/ 6.2L, IT IS THE WRONG CABLE!!!!!!!

I bought the cable from Rockauto and it is the wrong cable! The ACDelco part number of the cable they say fits the truck is 25515598....IT SHOULD BE 25515599. The cable from Rockauto is too long by about 7.5". The proper cable should be 36.1" long OAL, and the one from Roackauto is 43.74" long OAL.

Attached is a PDF with the service bulletin for all GM repair shops with the part numbers and cable "Codes" for the TV cable for the '84 K5 w/6.2L Diesel

The proper cable is a code FK cable, part # 25515599

Rockauto does have a listing for a Dorman cable part #04216, under a '81 Buick Regal with a 3.8 L. The proper ACDelco number is in the description for that cable.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Dave, luckily I noticed the length problem before I started the truck and was able to replace the cable with one from NAPA

junkpart

I cant locate a cable

I have an 86 k5 stock 6.2 civilian with 700r4 and the cable only measures 34 1/2 with the cable pulled all the way out. It has a smaller cable that goes to the injection pump I need to replace it but I cant find it anywhere

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks