• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BEFORE and AFTER pics - post

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I love to see before and after shots of people's ride. Especially when the BEFORE shot looks like crap, and the AFTER looks like a stout, presentable ride that I would see at a show! Plus, it give guys like me a warm fuzzy feeling and give me encouragement to get working on my projects! Anyone care to share their before and after photos of their rides?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good so far Joel! Did your deuce come without the bed when you got it, hence the upgrade to the pipeline bed?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, this is what it looked like when I bought it. Only thing done to it was a master cylinder and fluids. I'll post the latest tomorrow, it's too dark to snap a pic now.

Here's the latest pic taken today

Attachments

6x6pinz

While I use my 712M Pinzgauer mainly for off road activities I still clean it up once in a while for parades and shows. All the mods are just add ons with no modifications to the original truck. We have all had experiences reworking someone elses better ideas, so I have been very careful not to alter the core truck.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's my "before" shot. Hopefully I'll have a good "after" shot a little later this year. I can at least post one with the front wheel on it after this saturday ;)

Great thread guys. Keep it going.

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The outside mainly needed some paint and the seats needed fixed. The biggest and ongoing part ofthis is the shelter interior. It was a gutted and mildewed mess, but the power wiring was fairly complete with only a few items toasted. It had to be scrubbed with lysol, then detergent, lysol, detergent, then alcohol before repaininting the inside. There was even a critter nest of some kind inside the desk under a drawer. The pictures show how filthy it was and then the progress so far, just a small part of it. Progress is slow because of alot of projects around here but after 4 years now all the radios work and the communications can be set up on as many as 5 frequencies at once without too much trouble in about an hour. The most I have ever used at once was 3. The wiring is still real messy because I need to bring all the antenna connections to one external panel and dress the power and RF cables.

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
maddawg308 said:
Looks good so far Joel! Did your deuce come without the bed when you got it, hence the upgrade to the pipeline bed?
Yes, I actually had the bed before the truck. the truck is a m185A3 (type of shop van) but I never saw the box. Those before pics are from the day I got it home.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few pics of my old USMC M817 before and after. It did not look like in the BEFORE pics, but that truck had been overhauled just 4500 miles before I got it. I should never have sold that truck. Enjoy!

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to add that the M925A2 did not have a motor, transmission, steering column, or gauges...along with many other smaller parts.

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was a great thread to start. rofl EVERYONE loves to see the before and after, and of course the owner loves to show off there work [thumbzup] I have got to find digital pictures of some of my stuff :?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks