• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ready for the long haul!

NVFireFighter

the inner pulley is secured to the shaft of the compressor, the outer should spin assuming rust has not welded it solid, the two bolts just cinch it to the shaft so it doesn't turn and loose adjustment, you may need penetrating lube, i ran my outer pulley completely off the shaft and cleaned up the petrified lube then antiseized the **** out of it to prevent future issues
So will it widen the pulley? It's not moving. Should I pull the bolts completely or just real loose? You wouldn't happen to have the dimensions of the alternator belt.? Thank you for the help!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need adjustable spanner wrenchs to get the pulley apart. This is what I was referring to in my first comment. As you loosen the pulley and the belt will loosen. Here are the part numbers for the belts. Some folks are going to recommend a half inch shorter belt. But fixing something on the side of the road it will probably be nice to have a longer belts that will not fight so much. Air compressor 25-9510 alternator 25-9470, X2. If I understand correctly the belt lengths are actually in the part number. 51" and 47" good luck and I hate you are having trouble on the side of the road I know how that is.

NVFireFighter

Yes, those are the exact dimensions I got. Sprayed the pulleys with Blaster so hopefully it will loosen! Thanks for the help!
You will need adjustable spanner wrenchs to get the pulley apart. This is what I was referring to in my first comment. As you loosen the pulley and the belt will loosen. Here are the part numbers for the belts. Some folks are going to recommend a half inch shorter belt. But fixing something on the side of the road it will probably be nice to have a longer belts that will not fight so much. Air compressor 25-9510 alternator 25-9470, X2. If I understand correctly the belt lengths are actually in the part number. 51" and 47" good luck and I hate you are having trouble on the side of the road I know how that is.

winfred

too short on the belt and you will have problems with it dropping between the halves of the pulley, my belt that came in a set was a pain to get in the groove and that was with the radiator out, soapy water will allow the outer pulley to slip against the belt as you tighten the pulley against it

NVFireFighter

I sure hope I don't have to pull the radiator out....
too short on the belt and you will have problems with it dropping between the halves of the pulley, my belt that came in a set was a pain to get in the groove and that was with the radiator out, soapy water will allow the outer pulley to slip against the belt as you tighten the pulley against it

NVFireFighter

Okay, got it loose and the belt on.... But how do I tighten the pulleys without pinching the belt in between the pulleys?

NVFireFighter

Well, got it all buttoned up.....or so I thought! So all new belts filled the radiator back up and off I go. About 80 miles in I remember that I did not tighten the pulley shaft bolts... Oh boy all that work! So I pull over and luckily they are still there with one of them just barely having a thread left in it. Tightened it up and now I'm off again. Made it to Lincoln Nebraska and I'm eating at cracker barrel and probably gonna hang it up for the night....im beat.

Thanks for all the help guys!

More on my adventure tomorrow.....

NVFireFighter

thats what the soapy water was for but i see you figured it out
Actually, the belt it called for was a 51". I tried a 53,54 and a 55....thank God for Farm Supply....I tried the 53 first and I tightened the pulley all the way up, but it wasn't tight enough. So I had to walk back again and get the only one I didn't get before, the 52".....walla it didn't get pinched when tightening it and got as tight as I wanted it to get. So the 52 is the way to go!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
NVFireFighter if you have another breakdown on the the road, start a new HELP thread. You were not that far away from several folks on here that could have assisted. The farther west the fewer of us there are but it never hurts to put a shout out! Hopefully that is you last malfunction, safe travels!

NVFireFighter

NVFireFighter if you have another breakdown on the the road, start a new HELP thread. You were not that far away from several folks on here that could have assisted. The farther west the fewer of us there are but it never hurts to put a shout out!
Thanks you for the tip. I hope no more breakdowns!

Great road trip other than the breakdown......

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks