• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to see a pic of them lit up after you install them, including the BO lights.
Well the B/O part of the turn signals got painted over, I didn't think about it until I already did it. I could scrape them but the chances of me ever running B/O drive are slim to none.

Ajax MD

Well the B/O part of the turn signals got painted over, I didn't think about it until I already did it. I could scrape them but the chances of me ever running B/O drive are slim to none.
I keep the BO's working to show curious non-military types what they are, what they're for, and how they were employed.

Certainly the LED fixtures will have a much longer service life than incandescent bulbs. There's quite a bit of vibration that incandescent bulbs are subjected to, which kills the filaments. I've blown out a brand-new bulb just fiddling in my driveway during the past 2 weeks and yes, I'm certain it's a 24v bulb.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my way home from work the wipers started to turn into spaghetti. I had some new 13 inch wipers sitting around so I made a quick mod. took off the original wiper and noticed the steel bracing fit inside of the new wiper but the pin was in the way. Drilled out the rivet pin and it fits in really nice. Bolted it back up with the original hardware. I may try this with a 14" if it works well. Going to test it on my way to the rally in a bit.View attachment 680010View attachment 680013View attachment 680012View attachment 680011
Thank you posting this, I just did this on one of my trucks.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well on one of my M35A@'s, in resonce to a spongy brake pedal, I adjusted all the brake shoe to drum clearances, and then bled the hydraulic sysem. But the brake pedal is only about 1/2 up from the floor before it activates the shoes> What ccould it be?

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well on one of my M35A@'s, in resonce to a spongy brake pedal, I adjusted all the brake shoe to drum clearances, and then bled the hydraulic sysem. But the brake pedal is only about 1/2 up from the floor before it activates the shoes> What ccould it be?
You bled the airpack first, I assume, then the wheels? Do the brakes themselves work as they should? If so, it could be simply the pedal itself needing adjusting.

FloridaAKM

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somewhere out in the barn I’ve got a massive snatch block. I guess I should dig it out and see what I’ve got...
Found them! I actually had three of them... I might have another one around here... The pics were taken with them sitting on a 20mm ammo can.

Attachments

Privatewrench

Very Cool Aussie! I've been looking at intercom systems too. The Vic-1 seems complicated, so I haven't had the time to really sit down and figure out what all the components are. That'll be a fun project, and being able to talk to passengers is a plus.

PrivateWrench

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very Cool Aussie! I've been looking at intercom systems too. The Vic-1 seems complicated, so I haven't had the time to really sit down and figure out what all the components are. That'll be a fun project, and being able to talk to passengers is a plus.

PrivateWrench
I have all the components plus spares. I can dig around and give you the list of stuff that goes into the VIC 1. I have a complete VIC 1 installed on my Gun Truck War Wagon.

Privatewrench

I have all the components plus spares. I can dig around and give you the list of stuff that goes into the VIC 1. I have a complete VIC 1 installed on my Gun Truck War Wagon.
Wow! That would be awesome of you. I hate for you to go thru too much trouble. I'm sure I can eventually figure it all out with some more time with Professor Google, but would certainly appreciate any knowledge you can pass along.

77 AMG

I would also love to have the parts list to try and start putting a VIC system together. My boss is holding a set of NOS headsets for me that we "think" are the correct ones, and having the NSNs available would make life ALOT easier for everyone, I think.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ll go out and take pictures of everything. I have some caps, not sure which ones off the top of my head. Any one in particular you’re looking for? I bought my setup from a vender 10 years +/- a week or two. I’ll list everything that it came with. The real pricey item is the 1780. Without a working one, you’ll have a great show piece but that’s it.

rustystud

I’ll go out and take pictures of everything. I have some caps, not sure which ones off the top of my head. Any one in particular you’re looking for? I bought my setup from a vender 10 years +/- a week or two. I’ll list everything that it came with. The real pricey item is the 1780. Without a working one, you’ll have a great show piece but that’s it.
Radios is the one thing I never got into, so I don't know what is needed for a operating system. It would be nice if one of the "Radio Nerds" (not meant as a slam) posted on what it would take to set-up and operate a military vehicle radio intercom system.
Then if I knew what parts where needed and how they went together and worked I might go ahead and install a radio intercom system in my Deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks