• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to see the video of that...setting it on fire would add a whole new level of drama.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got in about 45 min of painting last night in the wind and cold, but the raindrops held off, hit it again for a bit this sunny warm AM, love getting that hideous lime yellow covered up, fully digging this old original color of Korea/Vietnam era paint, it will look pretty good when I'm done for an old beater, hopefully my kid will show up and do the small technical pita spots .

Want to get the stars back on the doors too .

Just using a brush and roller if you couldn't tell :grin:

Attachments

fpchief

Got in about 45 min of painting last night in the wind and cold, but the raindrops held off, hit it again for a bit this sunny warm AM, love getting that hideous lime yellow covered up, fully digging this old original color of Korea/Vietnam era paint, it will look pretty good when I'm done for an old beater, hopefully my kid will show up and do the small technical pita spots .

Want to get the stars back on the doors too .

Just using a brush and roller if you couldn't tell :grin:
Looking good!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

18operator

Is the building with hardwood stacked in the loft what you pulled down? Does your dad have a Wood-Miser small sawmill?

I wrapped chain around one and secured it so as I pulled, it had just a little twisting going on. Fun stuff....with the bonfire later too.
The wood on top is just poplar floor boards from the hay loft. I may cut them down and repurpose them on another project.
The large beams are birch and the neighbor up the road is going to use them in his barn.
I do have a video of me pulling it down on my iPhone but I can't seem to upload it.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received some battery box locks from Floridianson. I cleaned and painted them, and they look pretty good if I do say so.

IMG_20190525_120424.jpg

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Washed the 70, shined up the tires, put the new mudflaps on. Almost ready for Monday. Still needs the correct paint and bodywork. 20190525_171518.jpg

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Continued with my repaint , drained the Dot 3 from master and booster, filled with purple Dot 5, got that out to three wheel cylinders so far

Kaiser67M715

Finally got around to removing the door latch assembly from the drivers door. It was in desperate need of lubrication, and twice last week left me unable to open the door. I didn't take any during pictures. But I had to replace most of the screws because the heads were either stripped out, or close to being stripped- the stripped heads had made me procrastinate, but being unable to use that door necessitated the removal.

There was nothing physically wrong with the assembly, so a little oil soaking overnight and a generous application of white lithium restored full function of door latch. I am waiting on a new outer handle, I managed to drill it a little too much trying to remove a stripped screw. I also went to the horizontal position, because more then once I let go of handle because it is just too awkward for me.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Privatewrench

Major cleaning under the deuce this weekend. Power washer, lots of degreaser and scrubbing. Once clean, spent then next day with a wire brush and needler on minor rust areas. I sprayed the cleaned up rust areas with Rust Converter, then rattled can sprayed most of the bottom with Rustoleum over rust primer. Today I started early and sprayed a couple coats of paint underneath. I covered everyhting with fresh paint. Came out real nice. I just climbed under it to inspect how it was drying. I see a few

spots the soray couldn't get, so I'll get the brush out later this week and button it up. I need to start cleaning up the top of the truck and paint it too.20190527_170802.jpg

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Major cleaning under the deuce this weekend. Power washer, lots of degreaser and scrubbing. Once clean, spent then next day with a wire brush and needler on minor rust areas. I sprayed the cleaned up rust areas with Rust Converter, then rattled can sprayed most of the bottom with Rustoleum over rust primer. Today I started early and sprayed a couple coats of paint underneath. I covered everyhting with fresh paint. Came out real nice. I just climbed under it to inspect how it was drying. I see a few

spots the soray couldn't get, so I'll get the brush out later this week and button it up. I need to start cleaning up the top of the truck and paint it too.View attachment 766015
Did you raise the truck or just get under with a the pressure washer?

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stormy Weather Down Under

G'day everyone,.....

I only have the weekends at this point to work and or play and due to the size of the Deuce I only have the outdoors so weather as you see can put an end to any plans.
I am not in a rush so I can just wait for another weekend to free up and as we are coming into our summer down here good weather shouldn't be far off.
(I say this as we have a severe weather warnings and road alerts being posted,....)

Aussie.
G'day Mate,
Do you have any land where you could put up a metal building to keep & work on your Deuce?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks