• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A intermittently overvoltage faulting stall

justicelee26

No lights come on and the voltage is stable when in battle short. When not in battleshort I can watch the voltage peg the meter and then it stalls out. I thought it might be the voltage regulator but it doesn’t make sense that battleshort would fix that.

Guyfang

Staff member
No lights come on and the voltage is stable when in battle short. When not in battleshort I can watch the voltage peg the meter and then it stalls out. I thought it might be the voltage regulator but it doesn’t make sense that battleshort would fix that.
Define "Stalls out"

Do you get idiot lights?

Does it stop RIGHT now?

Or die down slow?

justicelee26

Define "Stalls out"

Do you get idiot lights?

Does it stop RIGHT now?

Or die down slow?
It will trip within 5 minutes of starting on overvoltage and that light will be lit. I can also see the corresponding voltage spike on the meter so I know the trip is legitimate. When in battleshort I monitor the voltage very closely and I have not seen the spike. The results are the same regardless of whether it is loaded or not when not in battleshort. I haven’t tried battleshort with loads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks