• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission shop recommendations in Charlotte NC

matt444

If he can pull it and deliver it to rock hill i can rebuild it,
Depending on what is wrong with it might be cheaper to get a rebuilt unit, a complete overhaul kit is about $300 plus torque converter and any hard parts that might be damaged

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on what is wrong with it might be cheaper to get a rebuilt unit, a complete overhaul kit is about $300 plus torque converter and any hard parts that might be damaged

He said it's not holding in park. Not sure how far it has to be taken down to fix. I am also not sure if his mechanical ability. Also how are you doing?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Gimpyrobb has new torque convertors .

matt444

It's hopefully a easy fix linkage adj or something fell off parking paw, unfortunately I don't know of any garages that I trust

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's hopefully a easy fix linkage adj or something fell off parking paw, unfortunately I don't know of any garages that I trust

Pull the linkage off and see if it will lock in by hand (choke the wheels). If not drop the plan and see if it came off inside .

TM9-2320-289-34.pdf
TM9-2320-289-34 Intermediate support and Direct Support for all variants CUCV.

TM9-2320-289-34p.pdf
TM9-2320-289-34P Direct support and general support maintenance repair parts and special tools lists.

Edit: Is there any rust issues with the front body mounts , that will also cause this (common problem here in michigan)

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Would this offer stand for others? I don't mind paying someone for work but when it comes to a trans, I'm not so trusty. I don't need one now but for the future.

cucvrus

That's an opinion. Nothing more. If it is gone through completely and warranted that is what things cost in the real world. Cheaper is NOT always better. Same goes for more expensive. But this one was the top middle price I found off the cuff. I have paid upwards of $2500. to have a plow truck CUCV transmission and transfer case R & R and over hauled. With a 1 year warranty. Even more $$ depending if the case was cracked. Putting a used TH400 transmission in is not worth the time. Just an attempt to help I didn't set the price. I paid $700. for mine and I done the R & R. I think that is a good price. That is professionally gone thru.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's an opinion. Nothing more. If it is gone through completely and warranted that is what things cost in the real world. Cheaper is NOT always better. Same goes for more expensive. But this one was the top middle price I found off the cuff. I have paid upwards of $2500. to have a plow truck CUCV transmission and transfer case R & R and over hauled. With a 1 year warranty. Even more $$ depending if the case was cracked. Putting a used TH400 transmission in is not worth the time. Just an attempt to help I didn't set the price. I paid $700. for mine and I done the R & R. I think that is a good price. That is professionally gone thru.
The reputable shops around here get right around $300 for a bench rebuild with warranty . Not too many 130 hp CUCV's need something built to take 650 hp unless you got money to burn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks