• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cvc helmet retrofit help

snakeater

has anyone ever been into one of the cvc tanker helmets electronics? i am wondering if they can be retrofitted to be used as an intercom in a deuce? I found a few of them for sale on ebay and here locally. i thought it would be cool to use them as hearing protection in my big deuce, but have them functional as an intercom and maybe vehicle to vehicle with another host radio. I am not interested in being military correct. I would like it to interface into something like the smaller motorola talkabout radios or something like that. Ideas? Observations? help me out here guys. Snakeater

TACTICAL6

Actually I have a vic-1 intercom setup in my pinzgauer. And cvc helmets plug rite in, all you need is a bail out cord and all the rite cables and you are good to go.

snakeater

I am probably going to end up using a aviation intercom inside the truck, but wanted the option to go vehicle to vehicle if some of my buddies wanted to get the same setup. What provides power to the vic 1? Been too long for me and I can't remember. snakeater

snakeater

has anyone tried to replace the ends of the cables on the cvc bailout cables for civilian style connectors? That would allow the use of an aviation intercom instead of the five pieces of equipment that it takes to make the vic1 operate. This is more of what I am looking for.

AN/ARC186

has anyone tried to replace the ends of the cables on the cvc bailout cables for civilian style connectors? That would allow the use of an aviation intercom instead of the five pieces of equipment that it takes to make the vic1 operate. This is more of what I am looking for.
I've used the U-93A/U plug as a retrofit, quite a few civilian helicopter intercoms use them. the inline jack is a U-92A/U and adapter cables are readily available to convert from a U-93A/U plug to the two plug system(PJ-068 and PJ-055) found in most aircraft.
here's a link to a page with the adapter cable. these guys also sell headsets and intercoms. http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?DID=19&Product_ID=1350&CATID=94

Hope that helps

knelezen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the information on using CVC Bose helmets for VIC-1 units? I'm trying to get my unit up and running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks