• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 Power Surge

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Place holder for near future secret weapon.
My perfect running stock 6CTA8.3 complete engine may be available for sale as early as later this month if my plan works out as intended.
Stay tuned. Those in the know, pretend you don't know...
4-07-17 engine for sale

11-16-17 engine still in truck.

You could litetaly make a real live person (9 months gestation) in less time than it will take this engine swap to happen. Just sayin. Think about that.

Carry on gentlemen.

74M35A2

Just proved out the pedal position sensor. Plan now is to leave the stock pedal, and just link the throttle rod to a used Dodge Ram Cummins accel position sensor. This is because the floorboard in the cab is sloped at a 45 degree angle where the pedal resides. Most electeonic pedals mount to a flat floor or the vertical firewall. 45 degree ones do exist, but are harder to come by used. By using the stock pedal, I can keep my throttle lock.

With a regulated 5V power supply into the sensor, it spits out 0.5V at idle, and sweeps to 3.8V at wide open. The Cummins ECM calibrates this range if you do a power-up and depress the pedal without starting the engine.

This is the only external piece needed to run an electronic diesel engine.

CDF7E1D9-8214-4552-B111-C65D18E81F75.jpg628DA812-C299-4260-A5D1-97C7D879C8D3.jpg4FD4DA95-FC6F-42C0-87FE-F3A1872820BC.jpg

74M35A2

Test ran the engine today. First time on all 24v system, QSL fuel filter setup, Jake actuators, clutch/trans installed, and Dodge Ram accelerator sensor. All worked well. Power train is complete and ready for install over Christmas break. Test ran without exhaust manifold/turbo.

4DB89BEE-B233-43CC-BDCF-8A4EE656322F.jpg 90815EBC-C67A-44B0-86D4-EAECDEC028F9.jpg 13B0E2BD-E13C-4C4C-8FDB-08F00FBC2F5C.jpg

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just proved out the pedal position sensor. Plan now is to leave the stock pedal, and just link the throttle rod to a used Dodge Ram Cummins accel position sensor. This is because the floorboard in the cab is sloped at a 45 degree angle where the pedal resides. Most electeonic pedals mount to a flat floor or the vertical firewall. 45 degree ones do exist, but are harder to come by used. By using the stock pedal, I can keep my throttle lock.

With a regulated 5V power supply into the sensor, it spits out 0.5V at idle, and sweeps to 3.8V at wide open. The Cummins ECM calibrates this range if you do a power-up and depress the pedal without starting the engine.

This is the only external piece needed to run an electronic diesel engine.

View attachment 710264View attachment 710263View attachment 710262
Disappointing, was hoping for an on/off toggle switch for a throttle, mounted on the gear shift with all the other knobs...

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really wanted a video of the pedals mounted to your desk, next to the running engine, while you practice rowing through the gears

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really wanted a video of the pedals mounted to your desk, next to the running engine, while you practice rowing through the gears
A little disappointed in myself for not thinking of this first.

But ... Its not too late. Noooo, it’s never too late.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe I have sent you enough. So much, I forgot what I bought and what you were supposed to send!

I expect a card.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It'll be due for its first oil change before it even makes it in the truck going that route. He doesn't have to make the engine sounds with his mouth anymore so he can focus a little more on shift patterns, lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks