• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m989A1

Stalwart

For my F450, that would be an easy tow. Am I correct that they also use an air suspension, if so, an air supply would be required.

86m1028

For my F450, that would be an easy tow. Am I correct that they also use an air suspension, if so, an air supply would be required.

My truck will pull 11,000 lbs no problem.
My concern is no tongue weight.

Im just asking if anyone has done this & if so how did it handle ?
How far did you go ?

The air suspension is seperate, it does have air brakes (caged right now).

I moved mine roughly 5 miles, didnt get over 45mph.

Stalwart

There is almost no tounge weight, therefore you will need a heavy truck to pull one. The draw bar isn't heavy enough to allow the towing vehicle to get added effort against the load. That's why I said my F450 wouldn't have a problem, it already weighs almost as much as the trailer. Plus I have HUGE brakes and the draw bar can't help out with additional weight to the towing vehicle.

oldMan99

Can you back one of these trailers up without looking like a complete idiot?

I have never had the opportunity/need to even try to back up a 4 wheel trailer.

I can think of a couple cool projects for this trailer IF I could tow it and then back it up into a space.

At 11k empty it is pretty heavy for though.

I was going to bid on 1 but I don't know much about the size of the thing.

I know it is 25' from tail light to the lunet but I don't have any other dimensions.

Does anybody know what the ground clearance is under the low part of the flat deck?

How long is the flat deck?

How long is the "rear deck"?

What size tires and how tall are they?

Those that won, mind sharing the winning price?

Thanks in advance!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You need to switch back and forth, from think backwards from normal semi backing, to normal backing, it took me for ever to learn, then no ware as good as a transfer driver

Last edited:

dragonman

Does anybody know what the ground clearance is under the low part of the flat deck? 20.18"

How long is the flat deck? 176"

How long is the "rear deck"? 48"

How long is the front deck? 30.5"

What size tires and how tall are they? 385/65R22.5 Good Year G178 or 15-22.5 around 41" tall

How tall are the side panels? 23"

The front deck is 17" from the floor.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks