• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lam Son 719--Living & Transporting

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
45 yrs ago today,,,, 12Mar1971
Proud Amercian Guntruck Destroyed
Robert Walter Thorne ..... The Driver was KIA ,, Gone But Never Forgotten ,,,, as long as I have breath ...
he was my driver on Satans LiL Angel when it was Destroyed 20Feb1971 ,,,a great friend ...
Lt Jim Baird ..... The convoy commander (CC) lost his left arm ,,,, WIA ,,,, He is currently State Rep. Of Indiana,,
FTTE ...... Friends Till The End ..... FYI...

RED
Now would be a good time to tell the story of the DRIVER of the Proud American and how the "DRIVER" Robert Walter Thorne in his last dieing breath saved the rest of the Prouds crew by turning into the bank instead of the other direction which would have put the truck over the edge, causing it to roll down the hill, killing everybody in the box.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN, he was a DRIVER to the end.

Driver523

There will be a Gun Truck documentary on the Smithsonian channel Feb. 12th at 9:00 pm eastern time, it will be the primere show of season II of the weapon hunter. ———Enjoy Brothers and Sisters————-Driver

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Well Done Thread, Outstanding! Thanks for the Great read and Service of the few for the many. I have an old friend that I have not seen for 25 plus years that now I have to locate. Larry McGowen, Driver, said you never seen rain till you been in the NAM.

Larry gave me a pair of what looked like fairly new Jungle Boots. What Larry "gave me was a BADD case of Jungle Rot". It took about two, three months of antibiotics I think, before it went away. Good thing I had a Filipino Doctor who new what exactly I got, had.

rickf

Jungle rot never goes away! If I wear cheap boots in the summer it will flare up guaranteed. Needless to say I have bought very good boots for many years. People that have never had or seen jungle rot think it is just extremely wet feet and it goes away when they dry out. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

cucvmule

collector of stuff
rickf you are most certainly right. When buying work boots I always spend the MONEY to buy water proof boots, usually RedWing loggers. Problem is my feet sweat then the blisters will start. So as a first strike I will use Gold Bond powder and keep dry socks on.

The Gift that keeps on giving. :twisted:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
rickf you are most certainly right. When buying work boots I always spend the MONEY to buy water proof boots, usually RedWing loggers. Problem is my feet sweat then the blisters will start. So as a first strike I will use Gold Bond powder and keep dry socks on.

Agreed on the Gold Bond.

I got the "gift" in Panama and if I can't get my feet dried in just a few hours I'm in for it!!

I also use Tinactin spray powder several times a week as a preventative measure.

rickf

You have to make sure you have boots that breath, real leather boots breath. The synthetic stuff says it does but it does not work for me. I have to be very careful of the footbed also, activated charcoal seems to work well if I am going to be working in hot areas. I did asphalt work for years and it doesn't get a whole lot hotter than that, I would change out of the work boots and into sneakers before leaving work. Of coarse, anyone who has ever done hot asphalt knows you have one pair of boots and they are pretty much destroyed the first day and only good for that work. You don't wear them home!

tommys2patrick

F N A--not sure where its gone but it sure is gone. What I wonder is where did my body go. sometimes my brain still feels like an 18 year old kid. my body never does any more. some memories are so vivid its like it happened yesterday. usually the ones that you half chuckle at, half dang near wet your pants and the last half just scratch your head and wonder how did I survive that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks