• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Checking out an LMTV near Ocala, need Mechanic

CoasterMan71

Hey all!
I just purchased a 1994 LMTV from a friend just north of Ocala Fl. I live in Maryland and I’m looking for someone to check the vehicle out before we road trip down to bring it back to Maryland. Not sure if anyone here would be interested, or would know someone who’s familiar with the LMTV to check it out and make sure she’s ready for a 12 hour road trip. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess that is me. What scares me is you said smoke so I will pm you my phone number and we can talk.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

You want to drive that truck back to Maryland? That might not be a great idea unless you have a knowledgeable mechanic go thru the hubs, driveshafts, transmission, engine & other essential equipment needed to power the truck that long without Murphy tagging a ride. Brakes are another issue as they are air brakes & tend to have issues on the older trucks unless the guy you purchased the truck from has gone thru them & knows that they work flawlessly. Smoke coming from out of the dash is a sure sign of Murphy being right there to start with. A lowboy would be a better idea & any breakdowns you might have would be close to home after you have a chance to go thru everything. Did you buy the truck from a SS member? Read up on some of the recovery trips that members here have performed, some are great & some are not so great. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:

CoasterMan71

Trippin’ to Maryland

Guess that is me. What scares me is you said smoke so I will pm you my phone number and we can talk.
Man you ROCK!!! Thanks for everything! I’m glad you reached out, and were
so willing to lend your time and efforts to get us on the road!

832 miles later and we are home with my new to me M-1079!!

Thanks

ABB691BA-DDB8-471E-BA81-04A9825DA629.jpg13EB669B-1CCE-451F-97F9-C1428583E8F0.jpg46725FB5-EC9B-46B5-ADF8-4D4C560ECEC9.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks