• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

002a fuel lines

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey folks; have 2 mep002a would like to replace all the braided fuel line! Any sources of pre mfg, ready to go, quality sources appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
You CAN make your own. The fittings are removable. Find suitable hose, and try it. I will admit, I tossed out more then a few "test" hoses, before I perfected my technique. But it is possible. If someone here in the forum has a HISTRU, or you know someone who has something like it, easy street.

If it were my set, I would go find me an aircraft grade hose maker, and simply pay the man what its worth. Then you NEVER have to worry again. At the end of the day, there is not all that much hose on the gen set.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You CAN make your own. The fittings are removable. Find suitable hose, and try it. I will admit, I tossed out more then a few "test" hoses, before I perfected my technique. But it is possible. If someone here in the forum has a HISTRU, or you know someone who has something like it, easy street.

If it were my set, I would go find me an aircraft grade hose maker, and simply pay the man what its worth. Then you NEVER have to worry again. At the end of the day, there is not all that much hose on the gen set.
Well there you go, I'll do a little research in my neck of the woods and see who I have out there willing and able!! I do agree there just isn't that many hoses and none of any length, and a strong believer in ONE & DONE!!!

justacitizen

if the fittings are the type with a pressed on crimp sleeve i just take a file and cut the sleeve off of the old fitting remove the hose and put a clamp on the new hose.

RayK

All the hose on the 002/003 gensets is -5 (5/16" nominal), except the return line from the IP which is a -4. The -5 is expensive and usually hard to find. Two things I do with my gensets is change out the adapters and change to -6 hose which is easier to find - if you can find some surplus houses, -6 hose and assemblies is usually plentiful and fairly cheap. Also with the steel braided surplus hose (either neoprene or teflon), which I try to use, the dates don't matter much - I've got hose assemblies made in the 50's that still work perfectly. Another way is remove the adapters and put in male pipe to barbed fittings and just use rubber fuel line like someone mentioned above. Have fun and keep 'em running!

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, if I find the correct hoses might give it a try! Can always get them made up if I screw it up! ;)

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AN-5 = JIC 5/16 (which was stated above, but I wanted to rewrite in trade nomenclature for your searching).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks