• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1025A2 HMMWV solid gold!

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasnt aware of what a gem these thing were! We had M998's mostly with steel welded to them in the Marines. These Special Forces M1025 A2's have a winch, hard top, and a ROD HALL SUSPENSION!!! Though, i am having a real hard time finding much info on them i hear they are night and day better than the regular suspension. Unfortunately, though they stripped the windshields, doors, and Slant back parts off them. They have the upgraded 6.5 engine, but no turbo??? Wonder why. Just waiting on the euc to clear so I can go pick it up!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slant back? These were/are? GMVs! Did you not see the pre-strippage photos at Colorado that GovDov was showing many months ago?

Crapgame

6.5l NA engines because they are A2 series trucks. But at least it makes it easier to upgrade to a 6.5l turbo later, it already has the 4L80E 4speed transmission and TCM, 242 TC and driveshafts installed. I'm looking into the other alterations needed, like opening up the transmission doghouse opening and replacing the transmission dog house with the larger turbo cover. I wouldn't think there would be any additional lines or wiring needed.

Considering the ex-USMC M1043A2 and M1045A2s have been selling for $20,000 + for runners, some missing doors and seats, and, the turret Weapons Support Assy, B Pillar tubes as well as C Pillar removed for sale, these at least have the Weapons Support Assy with B Pillar Tubes. Either buy the remaining slant back sponsons, crossbar and hatch $2500-3000; or hold out for an original GMV Charlie Pillar (I just bought one for $850), an original MSG C Pillar $1000; MSG Side Assault Cargo Rail Kits $1800; Repro GMV 1pc Charlie Pillar $1850 (mcad33 on G503); Sheetmetal Bed Side Panels $350 (mcad33); D Corner Brackets $175 (86HMMWV); Sheetmetal Bed Side Panels + D Corner Brackets $850 (Dave Liland). Or convert a pair of 1025 sponsons to GMV C Pillar if you have welding skillz. Add missing turret parts $2500-3000; High Back Seats $250-300 each;

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slant back? These were/are? GMVs! Did you not see the pre-strippage photos at Colorado that GovDov was showing many months ago?
I did some quick interweb searches and saw a slantback in the pics. Tonight I was digging deeper and saw the actual trucks pre stripping. Makes you wonder why they had to strip the doors, seats and side rails to be "de milled" would be nice to have those x doors back! I would like to put it back as close to original as it can be. They should be worth a pretty penny as rare as they are. I just cant wait to try out that rod hall suspension! Does anyone have any better info on those suspensions? I cant find anything besides quick references to it on the net.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Not worth a pretty penny if your other post is correct then you have a pricey 6000lb paperweight that is hard to sell without a title

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did some quick interweb searches and saw a slantback in the pics. Tonight I was digging deeper and saw the actual trucks pre stripping. Makes you wonder why they had to strip the doors, seats and side rails to be "de milled" would be nice to have those x doors back! I would like to put it back as close to original as it can be. They should be worth a pretty penny as rare as they are. I just cant wait to try out that rod hall suspension! Does anyone have any better info on those suspensions? I cant find anything besides quick references to it on the net.
There is another thread on the topic of why these trucks were stripped. Basically a SF budget paid for the GMV upfits of basic HMMWVs and SF decided to keep the goodies rather than loose the investment at turn in time.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not worth a pretty penny if your other post is correct then you have a pricey 6000lb paperweight that is hard to sell without a title
Yeah, maybe if I was a weak minded hippie that would blindly obey. I will move out of New York to a free state where i can register and drive it.
Good info NDT, makes sense they would swap out the goodies to the new trucks. Which is why i didnt ecpect is from the gubmint. Someone was actually thinking clearly, lol!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks