• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Break the rules and get banned?

Break the rules and get banned?

• Yes

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennys@wi.rr.com

It seems to me as of late we have a lot of new members here that are unable to read. Or so it would seem then they post a classified to the forum, or even a link to an open auction. It seems as though we can't go one week in here without some one posting to the forum "I can't post a classified".

My question is this, should those who break the rules be given a time out of sorts? Not a very long one, just long enough for them to settle down and have time to read the rules. I also think the threads they start need to be deleted so the rest of us don't have to look at them and so they don't waste space.

papercu

Apply for a Moderator job.
I hear application forms are 200.00 and are not refundable plus you'll need to be licensed and bonded and have a current CW permit. Wayne

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yep. people cant read people cant post people cant spell. Get it together people!
CANT= CAN'T

Even I who has SPELL CHECK as a BEST FRIEND knows that.

Looks like ONE person needs to get it together as an example, then the people will follow.

Attachments

Last edited:

shenkmen

It seems to me as of late we have a lot of new members here that are unable to read. Or so it would seem then they post a classified to the forum, or even a link to an open auction. It seems as though we can't go one week in here without some one posting to the forum "I can't post a classified".

My question is this, should those who break the rules be given a time out of sorts? Not a very long one, just long enough for them to settle down and have time to read the rules. I also think the threads they start need to be deleted so the rest of us don't have to look at them and so they don't waste space.
Kenny, how about FNGs who don't search prior to posting things like...
How do I jump a deuce?
I don't know what a deuce weighs but can I...
What should I bring with me on my deuce recovery?

I am close to the auction close of an A3 and if all goes well it will be mine. I was told the truck was driven to the lot but that was a while ago and no one is really sure it will start on its own now. I will be using my diesel F350 with a trailer to go and get it but I would like to drive it onto the trailer. How can I best jump the truck with mine? And if it won't start after that are they light enough to use a come-along to get it on the trailer? And is there anything else I should take with me as a precaution?

Thank you all for the great site also I've already learned a lot and there is so much more to go.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/49229-picking-up-a3.html

:p

The member quoted in the above post obviously didn't search or read the appropriate TM prior to posting.

The mods do a good job here. I saw we let them handle situations as they seem fit.

People make mistakes and the next thing you know they are a 3 Star General.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Kenny, how about FNGs who don't search prior to posting things like...
How do I jump a deuce?
I don't know what a deuce weighs but can I...
What should I bring with me on my deuce recovery?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/49229-picking-up-a3.html

:p

The member quoted in the above post obviously didn't search or read the appropriate TM prior to posting.

The mods do a good job here. I saw we let them handle situations as they seem fit.

People make mistakes and the next thing you know they are a 3 Star General.
Sorta looks like someone FELL into there OWN tiger TRAP.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I have spoken to DH at length about that. Where in the rules does it say a search is required? Maybe you both need to learn how to read a title. It does say something about breaking the rules now doesn't it? And yes I agree there was a time, a long time ago, I was an FNG and should have known to use the search function. But this is a thread about rules, not etiquette.

shenkmen

I have spoken to DH at length about that. Where in the rules does it say a search is required? Maybe you both need to learn how to read a title. It does say something about breaking the rules now doesn't it? And yes I agree there was a time, a long time ago, I was an FNG and should have known to use the search function. But this is a thread about rules, not etiquette.
Where in the rules does it say a search is required?
I agree, it doesn't. But everybody should read first.

------

It seems to me as of late we have a lot of new members here that are unable to read.
Take it easy on the new members. The following is from the SS rules page...

Keep it FRIENDLY. Welcome new members with open arms. Don’t chastise them and belittle them just because they are new. All of you were newbies at some point too!

------

And if it won't start after that are they light enough to use a come-along to get it on the trailer?
The weight is in a TM. The following is from the SS rules page...

The TM’s will be your best source of how-to advice.

------

Maybe you both need to learn how to read a title.
Now that wasn't very nice. The following is from the SS rules page...

Do not post unfriendly or insulting comments or replies to other members.

Last edited:

spicergear

Sure you don't want to see it turn into hand holding all the time or " 'net nannying," but it may take the enforcers to jump on or lock the thread, "Thread Locked, Use SS Search Engine." Or something of the sort. Yes, it shouldn't have to be enforced like that but a lot of people have this BS idea of doing then asking forgiveness...WHICH IS A BS IDEA.

Anyway...who wants to buy some wheels? Ha! Kidding :mrgreen: ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks