• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/2 ton bed crane mounted in my M1102

86m1028

Nice job !
Will if lift high enough to get bigger things in the bed
What brand & model is the hoist ?

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Thanks for posting that neat mod. I may need to copy your idea for one of my trailers as I am getting too old to lift a 55 gallon drum; wait, I could never lift a 55 gallon drum that was full, so I can't blame it on age.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I guess better late than never, it'll lift a full 55 gallon drum no problem. I would like to mount a small which on it to help speed things up though.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I put a Horrible Freight 2500lbs atv winch on the crane I made for my deuce bed, works GREAT! I'd have to make a spare mast for that so it could swing over the bed side if need be. Couldn't be too hard to fab up.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
The crane comes with some angle iron pieces that I put under the bottom, then I whittled some aluminum pieces to fit the corrugations of the floor. I'll try to remember to take some pics.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
IMG_20170125_134142820.jpgIMG_20170125_134153766.jpgIMG_20170125_134207881.jpg I located the crane to have the forward bolts come through the aft wheel well cross member, then cut the angle that was supplied with the crane to spread the load. The aluminum wedges I made so the crane would sit flat over the corrugations.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks