• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 hours in my 5 ton toaster moving trucks

Blythewoodjoe

I left home yesterday at 04:10 to head to Athens, Georgia with a Deuce I sold to an un-named gentleman, loaded behind my M818. Took five hours to get there, 3.5 hours to unload and reload with a couple of old fords (gtb's) and 5 hours home. My butt was so sore it hurt to sit down and eat. I was tired. Anyway here's a few pictures of the activity. The bobbed 5 ton pulled the trailer very well. I installed a converter for the lights and brake box. Brake box works very well and I could use the lever on the steering column to activate them for easy slowing on hills. The lights were run through 3 transformers. One for each wire going back. Drove in the dark for 3 hours and everything worked great. Except the AC. It was hot coming home. Very glad we had equipment to load and unload with.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on a safe recovery. You always seem to have a way with getting square pegs in a round hole Joe (32' of stuff on a 25' trailer)! By the way, it looks like the G, T and about half of the B are missing on your GTBs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks