10 KW genset regulator

flobble

I'm in the process of getting my generator back among the living and among other things cannot get it to generate. If I press the field flash switch I can hear the engine bog down, but as soon as I let off, the engine bounces right back ,and no voltage. Would this be likely caused by a bad regulator or am I looking into more serious matters? And speaking of the regulator, it's the older,non rebuildable type. Does anyone know where to get a new one, or if there is a way to replace the transistors( assuming that would be the problem). I know Saturn surplus has been out of them for some time now. Thanks to anyone who responds. I really appreciate it.

Paul

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paul, open up the panel and take a pic of the regulator. Need to see exactly which one you have there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks