• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 starter question

ranchhopper

I finally got my 1008 shipped home from north Carolina and I am pleased with the truck nice and clean has the usual GL forklift dents but a nice truck. I opened the hood and passenger side alternator was gone and all the wires taped up and the batteries were hooked up parallel which one should expect coming from a municipality.. I charged the batteries almost new and usually first to be robbed out of most trucks anyways the engine turned over about 1/3 normal speed I looked at the starter and it has a newer looking gear reduction starter. I couldn't see if it was twelve or twenty four volt but it ran the batteries down real fast is there a way to check if its twenty four volt without taking it off I'm leaning toward it being twenty four volt just by the way it slowly turned the engine over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks