• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 surging problem.

ranchhopper

I finally got my 1008 on the road it has a strange anomaly with the engine I cant figure it out so I will see if anyone else has had this happen. I installed a new IP got the pump from my friends diesel shop he does good work on his rebuilds. I put the pump on and noticed a lot of surging at idle to the point the truck would shut off. So I replaced all the fuel lines and installed a new spin on filter base and replaced the old fuel it runs good down the road accelerates good the anomaly comes in when you put it in gear it will idle like a champ anytime its under a load like driving or sitting in gear it runs like its supposed to. As soon as its taken out of gear and left to idle it wants to stall unless I keep my foot on the pedal anyone ever have this happen to them?

Chaski

I finally got my 1008 on the road it has a strange anomaly with the engine I cant figure it out so I will see if anyone else has had this happen. I installed a new IP got the pump from my friends diesel shop he does good work on his rebuilds. I put the pump on and noticed a lot of surging at idle to the point the truck would shut off. So I replaced all the fuel lines and installed a new spin on filter base and replaced the old fuel it runs good down the road accelerates good the anomaly comes in when you put it in gear it will idle like a champ anytime its under a load like driving or sitting in gear it runs like its supposed to. As soon as its taken out of gear and left to idle it wants to stall unless I keep my foot on the pedal anyone ever have this happen to them?

Yep!
I went through a pump one time and had it do the same thing. Pulled it off, took it to an injection shop with some cash and they diagnosed it as a sticking metering valve. They did whatever magic they did and it has been good to go since.

ranchhopper

My friend who rebuilt it says I have to take the cover off and lengthen the governer rod that's what he thinks the problem is that way I don't have to pull the pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks