• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 Volt House Battery Install Questions

Steelreaper80

Has anyone installed a "house" battery on an M939? I currently have dropped down to two group 31 batteries to start the engine and have a 24 volt to 12 volt 40 amp step down that runs to my cigarette lighter plugs. I am not having an issue but I would like to wire in a 1,000 watt inverter and move the cigarette plugs over to just run off the house battery. I was thinking of still using the 24 to 12 step down but a bigger step down that can handle 100 amp load and a battery isolator. Does anyone that has more electrical experience have a better idea? The inverter would be used to power basic hand tools (drill, angle grinder) while in the field. I currently have an AC Delco clone 70 amp 21SI 24 volt on the truck. Would a second 12 volt alternator be a better option? Thank you

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Has anyone installed a "house" battery on an M939? I currently have dropped down to two group 31 batteries to start the engine and have a 24 volt to 12 volt 40 amp step down that runs to my cigarette lighter plugs. I am not having an issue but I would like to wire in a 1,000 watt inverter and move the cigarette plugs over to just run off the house battery. I was thinking of still using the 24 to 12 step down but a bigger step down that can handle 100 amp load and a battery isolator. Does anyone that has more electrical experience have a better idea? The inverter would be used to power basic hand tools (drill, angle grinder) while in the field. I currently have an AC Delco clone 70 amp 21SI 24 volt on the truck. Would a second 12 volt alternator be a better option? Thank you
Bump it up to a 100 or 125 amp

@Suprman has the equalizer that will charge the 24v and 12v side of the batteries equally. They are 100 amp units

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks