• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

15.5 spare on deuce (pics)

tm america

well i finally got around to putting my spare under there.it took a little to do it but nothing major.i had to let the air out of it . then i had to cut the lip off the tool box bracket and beat the rear of the tool box in about a half inch.and i had to twist it towards the outside then lock it in with the lug nuts.it has about a half inch clearance between the tire and the e brake drum .and about 3/4 of an inch between the spare and the tire and it is sitting on the tool box .i took it up to 55mph today no hitting .i will drive it faster to see how it does at higher speed when the roads get nicer.all n all i'm glad its under there it doesnt stick out past the bed . and there would be even more room between the spare and the tire if you didnt flip the hubs and just ran the tires how the outer one is normally on with duals.it took less than an hour to get it done gotta love plasma cutters:-D

Attachments

tm america

the tire goes straight up and down no rubbing the only thing that makes it closer is when the rears grow at higher speeds it didnt get any closer by flexing it out:roll:

tm america

its close but as long as it doesnt hit close doesnt matter:-D now i dodnt have to break my back putting the spare in the bed or waiting for the tire guy to get there to fix me up :roll:

tm america

you could space the space mount out about an inch then you wouldnt have to rotate the spare in the mount like that:roll:i would mess with it more if i have to when the weather gets a little nicer out.

tm america

wish i would have done this when i put the tires on there rather than driving around without a spare with me for over a year. it would have come in handy when i caught a screw in one tire at work 30miles from home:roll:

73X

I currently am running 11.00's and have a spare but I re-centered a set of HEMTT wheels and want to go to the 14.00's. So it is real good to know I can make it work.
Part of what makes MV's so much fun is we are able to think outside the box and try things that others would only turn up there noses to. If we wish to leave them as the government got them or change them to suit our individual needs or likes it is up to us.
You did a really nice job, keep thinking it helps us all.

tm america

15.5s are the same size as 395s they are 46inches tall and 14.00s are 48inches tall. 14.00s wont fit on a stock deuce they will rub in the middle of the two rear axles and the spare wont fit there either .there is only 3/4 of an inch with what i did with 15.5s .you will loose 1inch of clearance on each side with a 14.00 under there not to mention an extra inch for the 14.00 on the truck. and that is if you keep the front axle where it is and move the rear back to be able to fit the 14.00s on the truck:roll:

73X

Oh boy one would think I would have looked into that. I just ASSumed that the 14.00's were slightly smaller tham the 15.50's.
I am glad I have yet to find tires I would have to buy another deuce to bob and put them on.

Last edited:

tm america

i drove it to work today .i hit 67mph gps verified and no hitting it did get close looks like within 1/4inch from how think the snow was on the spare.i drove it 60miles and flexed it out to .so i am very happy with it now:-D

ranchand

Nice job! Can't believe you made it work! But I don't see anything safe about lowering a 400lb tire with that contraption:cookoo: Sounds like a good way to get knocked out;-)

tm america

It actually raises it up pretty easy.i got worried when i first slide the tire under there and looked at that little cable i was about to raise that heavy tire up with:???:but it went up like it was made for it or something:)

tm america

I lower it a little at a time i keep a finger on the lock then lower it,lock reset the ratchet unlock and repeat. Or i use a long extention so i can just keep going around with the ratchet without hitting the bed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks