• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

15" wheels on M880 ?

RichM882

Hi all. I am desperate to replace my cracked and very old 16.5 tyres on my Dodge. A guy relatively local to me has a set of 15 x 8 wheels brand new in boxes.
It says on the box 'Chevy, Ford and Dodge'. Has anyone ever tried running a Dodge on 15' wheels, do they clear the calipers on the front axle ?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be more concerned about the rear axle housing than the calipers... easiest thing to do, since he's local... is try.

RichM882

That is what I feared !!! The 15" rims are brand new, cheap and 20 miles away. The Ford 16" rims are used and 300 miles away and relatively expensive. That is how it is though !!!

just me

I was going to say something pithy about hitting your local scrapper as they would have a mountain of used steel wheels cheap. Until I saw your location. Maybe not so much there. (Need some old Healey wires wheels? I have set here.)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our parts yards have very few rims. Took me months to scare up 4 Ford rims. They scrap the aluminum rims and make stands out of the steel ones.

RichM882

Well I plumped for the Ford wheels. They are all 16" in diameter. That is where the good news ends though. There are 4 wheel rims. One is 7" wide, one is 6" wide with a 1/2" offset and there are a pair of 6" rims with zero offset. Pretty stuffed now !!!

michigandon

Our parts yards have very few rims. Took me months to scare up 4 Ford rims. They scrap the aluminum rims and make stands out of the steel ones.
Yeah, they are much more difficult to come by than you'd think they'd be. The yards around here just act like their stuff is made outta gold.

Why on earth would I pay $75 for a 30 year old steel wheel when I can buy a brand new white steel wagon wheel from Summitt Racing for $70???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks