1941 GMC CCKW For Sale

NB1944

DMgunn

The WC something... what do you think you have? How complete (or what is it missing) is it? I don't know anyone who is restoring one at the moment, but one of our guys came across several WCs in a salvage yard. I am trying to find out where he was and if they are for sale. We could find ourselves in need of parts any time. So let me know and I will let others know. Thanks

DMgunn

I don't have it - but I think I will be able to persuade the owner to sell. It is a closed-cab civilian-butchered extended-wheelbase flat-bed IIRC. It has no good glass, and the interior is correspondingly rough. I thought until recently that it was a Chevy, but looked again, and it has that noticeable seam above the windshield that looks very Dodge. It is missing the hood, and sides. Did I mention it is sitting almost up to its axles in dirt? It is just what I am looking for....although honestly, I really prefer the look of the Chevys, specifically the hoods.

I want a WWII military truck to build into a parade-and-general-fun toy. Plans include a few changes (everything but the body) that would make purists cringe, so I want something that is too far gone to restore. Pre-'48 in North Dakota automatically exempts it from any bumper, fender, tire, etc. restrictions because it is considered a street rod, of all things. Not the intent of the law, but nevertheless, very clearly stated.

Bottom line - if I get this truck, the entire drivetrain, in all its questionable-condition glory, will be available to whoever needs it, and I will be looking for a hood.

And I would pay $3000 for the truck you mention in a heartbeat. But that's just me - they don't grow on trees out here, and no matter how good a deal I find online, the costs of transport are discouraging, to say the least.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same story, different truck. This one ran up until 2 years ago. Driveshaft yoke broke off the front diff. It was a water truck. Whatcha think I should offer? It's pretty (c)rusty. Data plate says '52 M135 W/O Winch.

I know this is an OLD thread, but I have a current and fresh interest in a CCKW.
Sadly, the PHOTOBUCKET links above must have sprung some leaks.... The photos are no longer available.

So, I have two questions...

1. Are the photos still around somewhere?

2. Is this truck still around somewhere and possibly still available?
I'd like to rekindle the flame.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The images might be around, but photobucket decided to "take their ball home" on the whole image hosting thing. Basically they're held on a user account basis under ransom for money to have them display.

And you do realize this is 10 years old right?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The images might be around, but photobucket decided to "take their ball home" on the whole image hosting thing. Basically they're held on a user account basis under ransom for money to have them display.

And you do realize this is 10 years old right?
Thanks, Drew.
Yes, I also refused PhotoBucket's ransom demands.
I too lost functionality on a number of links shared from their servers. (SIGH)
And, YES, I know this was an ancient thread - but no harm in trying to reestablish contact with a rogue satellite even after it's left our solar system. rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks