• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1969 M35A1 Fuel Return Line Fittings Source

genefireguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our local Fire Dept has a converted 1969 M35A1 into a water tender truck, and we,ve run into some problems finding the brass fittings used in between each return line that looks like a bead. We have found some that are close, but they do not seat properly like the old ones. The bead-looking brass crush type fitting? we found are slightly larger and arent a proper taper. Has anyone else replaced thier fuel return lines and had this issue sourcing the parts? If anyone has any leads on the parts for the return line brass fittings it would be greatly appreciated and would help get our Fire Truck ready for the season. Thank you for your time.

Tender1repair.jpg

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a thread that may help you.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, I used the ferrules that are used with DOT air lines. They are too wide for the brass nut to be able to grab the first threads of the fitting. I just held both sides of the ferrule to the bench grinder to make the ferrule a bit smaller and it worked fine. No leaks.

genefireguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a thread that may help you.
Thanks for sending us to the other thead. Parts are order and should be here next week will let you know how it goes.

DavidWymore

Would like to see more of that truck...M35A1s are kinda rare. I recognize the old school alternator regulator mounted on the firewall.

Main interest would be the engine/data plate and the gauge panel.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks