• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1976 dodge m886 ambulance

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the hobby, you have a good start in the vehicle you are restoring. You can Google for information, and there is a good few sites with details about your truck. Have you searched through Steel Soldiers forums yet?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few, very few. actual # don't know.
Yet approximately 4400 M886/M893's were made in the two model years.
In the dozen or so years of owning M880 series trucks, I have seen very few of the 76 model year M886 compared to the 77 model year, which does not prove anything though.
I am in the process of acquiring my 1st 1976 model M880 series truck, it is an M886

Midland 003.jpg

Last edited:

ollied

just brought home a 77 886 from wis to MD has 24000 miles got for 2200 great shape no ambo equip in the box my third one one of the best all around mil veh ever tought as nails

btrapr

There is one of these about 5 miles from my house sitting next to a house. OD green with red crosses painted on it and its been there for years

Amer-team

Somebody decided they didn't like the windshield on the M886 yesterday while I was out. Two serious rock hits right in front of the driver. it is parked under a carport beside the garage and has been there for years. Talk about disheartening. I usually let vets drive it in parades.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks