• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1977 m880 ambulance

Take it from a DODGE expert, its going to be a problem at your bulkhead wiring connector at the fire wall, or the ****ty Ammeter just blew its connections ! I have owned over a dozen 1976 through 1982 dodge trucks with the ****ty design. ALL the power for the truck goes through a weak spade connection at the bulkhead connector then through the ammeter to the truck. I have MELTED a few instrument clusters overloading the weak connections to the ammeter at the back of the cluster.

steelandcanvas

Pull the instrument cluster and disconnect the ammeter, tie the red and black from the meter together and insulate well. Check bulkhead connection and repair accordingly.

Amer-team

I have had the M886 for a dozen years. Had an intermittent starting issue that as stated above ended up being a bad ammeter gauge. Of all things a paper clip had fallen on the terminals of the gauge and it would cause problems. I was stymied and took it to a local mechanic and when he finally figured it out was giving me a hard time. Bypassed ammeter and no problems since. But was also counseled by a friend that was a Dodge guy to do bypass surgery on the firewall block with the main power line. that takes care of the issue that Overlordofmars pictured above.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks