• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985+ Frame Supports?

45FMJoe

I read on here that the 1985+ CUCVs had some kind of frame supports added about at the firewall. Does anyone have any more info on them, or perhaps a picture so I can see what it is I either have or am missing? Mine is a 1985 model year M1009 made in October 1984. Thanks.

45FMJoe

I'll be darned, after not finding anything on the first couple searches I was a little more creative in my search strings and found this post:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/52083-model-year-differences.html#post594827

I then found said TM with a quick Google search and came up with this:

2-6. Frame Reinforcement

The M1008, M1008A1, M1010, M1028, and M1028A1 models of the CUCVs manufactured before March 1985 must have the frame reinforcement bracket applied (fig 2-8). Each vehicle must be checked to see if this bracket has been applied on all models before the CUCVs are lifted at their gross vehicle weight with a crane.

So, if anyone is curious about this, there is your answer.

HAWKMAN

Thanks for the info! I've had people ask me about these but have never seen any on any of my trucks....now I know...[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks