• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1998 M1079 drivers door latch mechanism needed

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
The drivers door has been stripped on the truck I just got. There is no window regulator and all the mechanism and latch are MIA.
I dont want to leave this unlocked sitting out so leads to parts are appreciated.
PM please.

snowtrac nome

I picked up some parts from fmtv parts in montanna. I think I spent around a hundred bucks each on the old style latches ,I picked up 3 just to make shur I had a few spares, as I live in bush ak.

coachgeo

If you search in here.. (hard to do I will admit) you will find many threads on door items. Warning.... NOS door latches.... apparently are made with Ubitaniam... Seen many selling for 300+ dollars for just one side. FMTV truck sales has an ok price on a complete upgrade replacement pair. I got a used pull handle from them at a fair price as well.

pull the inside panel off passenger door. compare what is in there to determine what is NOT in the driver door. Example... are the rods still in driver door.... maybe laying in the bottom?

Last edited:

SRCayne

Thank you for the info.

I’m also looking for the cargo frame. You wouldn’t happen to have a lead on those as well would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Last edited:

scottmandu

off topic.... TDI engine conversion... let me guess.. that does not go in an LMTV lol. A few have made it into Unimog 404's though. Like TDI's. Like TDI's in a Samurai even better. Have to live with just a TDI bug though.
I doubt the 1.9 tdi had enough torque to spin the torque converter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks