1999 CUCV II TAHOE TOW POINTS

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

1999cucviitahoe

New member here! Looking to purchase tow points for a 1999 2 door CUCV II tahoe. Please reply with any info on where I might find parts for these trucks. Thanks

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you referring to the additional hardware under the front bumper or the stuff going through the rear? Or the actual shackles/loops?

I have the same vehicle, no parts, but clarification may help.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking for these parts as well to make a clone and come up empty. I suspect GM bought just enough of these parts to complete the orders and no spare parts were stocked by DOD. And nobody is parting out any of these desirable trucks.

1999cucviitahoe

So my truck’s tow points were removed front and rear before I bought it. The front ones I have not seen for sale. The rear ones I found for sale from an 80’s CUCV but not sure it those would bolt up without modifications. If anyone has experience here please let me know.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been going down that same path of trying to make CUCV M1008 rear lift/tiedown points work on a GMT400 truck with the stock GM form fitting bumper. Nothing lines up whatsoever. All the frame holes are different. I put this project on the back burner.

1999cucviitahoe

Damn. I was hoping the ones off of a M1008 would be close enough to modify to make work or maybe drill new holes out. If they’re completely different I guess I’ll scrap that idea. Really would love some rear hooks.

cucvrus

How about the cast steel clevis mounts from the rear of a CUCV M1010. They would work. I may have 4 of them in my stash. flush mounted with 3 1/2" bolts and then use the same D ring as all CUCV's.

cucvrus

Let me get a picture of what the M1010 rear cast steel triangular D ring mounts look like. Unless someone beats me to it. I used them on a few trailers as tie downs. I have located 3 of them. One is eluding me. Or we used it on a class 3 receiver. That may be the answer. I let people dig thru my stash all the time. Not sure if these will do the trick for you but others may chime in anytime. Thank you. Be safe.

1999cucviitahoe

I have 3 of these cast steel M1010 brackets. I have many D rings.
Thank you for taking the pictures! My bumper is already cut for the D ring tubes, so what I am looking for the square tubing that goes through the bumper and mounts to the frame. The inner end mounts to the frame and the outer has the D ring hooks.

cucvrus

Thank you for taking the pictures! My bumper is already cut for the D ring tubes, so what I am looking for the square tubing that goes through the bumper and mounts to the frame. The inner end mounts to the frame and the outer has the D ring hooks.
I have many of the square tubes from standard 1984-1987 US Military CUCV's. Does that help? I mean many front and back square tubes with the 1" pin hole thru them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks