• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 Man Softop Gun Truck HMMWV??

Wire Fox

Nope...but this is proof that you can weld anything onto a HMMWV and you can call it "authentic style." It's going to suck, come time to replace that soft top. Better have a good cover shop make a template from your current top before it falls apart.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so was killing a few minutes,

The UIC prefix "W6DX" belongs to the Program Executive Office, Ground Combat Systems. Nothing for K1 or F0 though.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that's definitely some big ass antenna. Looks like some poor SOB might have been sitting back there monitoring some system (hence the fan)

Wire Fox

WireFox, this truck came off base this way. That big bracket on back of cab I'm guessing is for a antenna of some sort.
...and I'm not doubting that! I'm just saying that with this one being official and filled with all kinds of kooky things that aren't standard, it makes it more possible to throw together whatever you need to fill a need and for it to not look too out of place, since the military is clearly doing that with HMMWVs like this one.

riderdan

It's a cool truck. It would be interesting to know the history/purpose behind this mod.

Anyone who's been in the military knows that soldiers (both line grunts and the guys working the motor pools) are masters of improvisation (improvise, adapt, overcome) and the jury rig. That's how you wind up with plywood under the soft top and on the tunnel, footman straps everywhere for tying down gear, and turret ring cushions made from foam and 100-mile-an-hour tape. Give the average infantryman enough 100-mile-an-hour tape and 550 cord and he could probably build most anything. :grin: This is just the extreme version of that.

I agree with Wirefox: seeing a truck like this is a reminder that you could do just about anything to a truck and if you could think up some mission to rationalize the change, no one would know if the military did it or you.

Thanks for posting this. It's always interesting to see unusual... variants.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks