• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20 Bolt Steel MRAP Rims offset

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased 20 Bolt Steel MRAP rims for my M35a2. I have a few on the truck and noticed with the 1/2" adapter plate, the tire sticks just beyond the fender a little bit. Based on the photos others have of running the 12 bolt steel MRAPS, I noticed the 12 bolt rims stick inside the front fenders. I was wondering if the offset of the 20 bolt steel wheels are different than the 12 bolt. I have my adapter plates mounted to the inside or deep dish side of the rim. I spun the front tire around and made sure it was flush against the hub and have it very tight. I only have the front right on so far, maybe my steering wheel isn't straight and it's turned a little? Or I thought maybe the offset would make a difference. Anyone that is running 20 Bolt MRAPs do you have any advice on this?

Thank you in advance.

brianp454

Do you have pics? I'm running MRAP steel wheels. I can take a couple pics of mine in the AM to show offset. I know there are different steel and AL MRAP wheel versions. I've seen some at auction on the web that have a heavy offset. If they stick out a bit past the fenders it is OK. The rear may be another issue if you don't want to flip the hubs.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ill get some pics up tomorrow. I know currently if I don't flip the hubs I can access the valve stem just fine with the deep dish setup that I like. It's nice since I wouldn't need to drill for a new valve stem. The down side is when they are run deep dish, the rears stick in farther than the front. It's noticeable if you are looking down the vehicle but not so much from the side.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I got both sides on and they do stick out a little. Not too much. Regardless the truck rides so much smoother and nicer now. I am very pleased with the tires and wheel setup.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20150818_142048.jpg

Here is one I took after the rims were painted. Now I'm balancing them antifreeze. I'm using a quart per tire. It should make a difference in balancing out these puppies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks