• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 F450 Hauling 32,000 lbs. (5 TON)GVWR=44,500

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys,
If you need a 5 ton or lighter equipment hauled, My son or I can do it.
We do have a 16500 lb winch for hard to move items.
We do this part time, so we like to stay within 500 miles, But.....
Kevin..
ps, dont pm me..i dont check it that often..
decodeme@verizon.net

Yes its all legal. We stop at all the DOT stations.
Located near Ft.Meade,
we charge $3.00 a loaded mile.
Check out our inventory. We haul for our customers too!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh, wow. I just hope the trailer brakes are feeling their oats when you have to haul a 5-ton. Just...don't try hauling any 5-ton wreckers, please? I don't want to read about you in the paper.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm kinda looking for a new trailer. I just looked for Load Max trailers and I only see an HD gooseneck up to GVWR 22000 lbs. And the trailer weighs about 6000lbs, so max load cap is only about 16000 lbs. Was your custom built? What model is yours? Did you buy new from a dealer(could you tell me the dealer name, if so?)?

Last edited:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your trailer is rated for 24,000 lbs that means the load PLUS the trailer can only equal 24K. I'd guess the trailer weighs close to 7K so that leaves 17K to put on the trailer. Unless your trailer is rated differently than most. Just my 2cents

Dangit doghead you edited while I was typing!

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Load Max 24000 lb with 2 12000lb axles. The truck has be upgraded with 19" michelin G rated tires, 5000lb each. Also subtract the goose neck weight, i prefer a 30 / 70% mix on the load. The truck can carry up to 10,000 lbs on the goose neck easily. Airbags are in the near furture. The trailer model is a Load Trail , 32' GN. LO-Pro. Call Cox trailer sales. (301)599-6285 located in Maryland. cost about 11k. It has awsome brakes too!.
We watch our axel weight, we scale out our loads if we think we are over axel, and move the load forward or back to get it perfect. Picking up a M818 soon...Should be interesting.
Kevin..
ps, Load trail on the title. load max on the trailer..go figure. Correct vin. Must be the same.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a GVWR sticker on the trailer? What does it say?

I'm only interested in the trailer capacity. I would be towing with a heavier truck yet. I would like to have over 20000 lb load cap. I still don't see how your trailer can be that high.

GVWR = load + trailer. Nothing else.

GCWR = truck + trailer + load.

GAWR = actual load on axles

Here's the sticker that should be on your trailer(adjust for 12K axles).

Attachments

Last edited:

Bighurt

Legally that trailer is over-loaded, best of luck when you run into a finicky scale clerk.

GVWR is 24k including the MT weight of trailer. Another note is Load trail uses safety chains rated at 26400. Your weight of 5 ton and trailer exceeds that number, so at least in a hitch failure you'll risk others lives and not just your own.

And people criticize why the government is beginning to regulate more than HDT's in use. I see it all the time in the RV industry, 1/2 ton's towing monster rv's, grandpa's triple axle bus, you name it. Common sense is gone, the people have forced the government to regulate since the people can't.

Doghead Diamond C makes a triple 12k axle Gooseneck and makes a good trailer, although I don't like their spare mount. They can also throw 15k axles under one as a custom build, if I were to have a custom trailer built, I'd call them. As for the other companies, I'd call M920, he's worked a welding outfit before and can attest to some other trailers manufactures issues.

:beer:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just found the spec for the coupler on that Load Max trailer, 24000lb max.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like the load in the pictures in post#1 exceeds trailer capcity by at least 30% , so I would have to say pretty unsafe and expensive if caught by D.O.T.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they fine you by % of overload, or by # over?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks