• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Haspin info/dates/attendance

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post up when your are going, how many people, and what vehicles.

Post here for BS/parts.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/82269-2012-haspin-bs-parts-thread.html#post1050335

Don't know if there will be catering this year.

Dates are Wednesday through Sunday, June 14th-17th.

Prices for the park are 14 dollars a day. Most times we are not charged for Wednesday night. That is with discount. Just mention steelsoldiers, or army truck gathering. Be sure to ask for a park map when checking in. Military veterans get additional discount.

Haspin is about 800 acres. Ride anywhere but campground. No electricity or water in campground. One set of restrooms and showers, about 1/8th mile from campground, and they can be very muddy. Water is available at office, and beside drag strip. Can camp in woods or campground. Link to Haspin

Haspin Acres | Off-Road & Motocross Park in Laurel, Indiana

I will be there with a M35, and 5-7 guys.

Last edited:

augiedoggy

I'll be there,with the augiedoggy special m818 probably Friday through Sunday..........
unless the sky falls............

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I will be there Wednesday to Sunday. I am not sure about Ferro or Neil yet.

indy4x4fab

Banned
We will be there wed-sunday with the m818, m129a2c, and the m105a2 in tow. ALL ON 16-20. We can't wait don't forget to put in the that saturday at noon me and Mrs._indy4x4fab will be getting married at the shoe tree, in the back of EMD567 m814. Every SS member is invited. Preacherboy will be wedding us. We may take the k30 or ramcharger for running back and forth to the bathrooms.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/74563-wedding-2012-haspin-rally.html

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there 14th-17th with a Deuce and trailer or whatever is running at the time. I am trying to avoid bringing the Dodge as I like the new door.

Vondy

I will be there Friday 15th through Sunday 17th. M35, (F150 if the whole family comes). At least me and my oldest boy. Possibly wife and two more kids. If anymore I'll add to the count closer to date. Will be tent camping. Can't wait, wish it was next weekend!!

WE will be there early wed till sun. dont forget to order your Hats,and T'shirts. design in the works. OOOOOPS forgot will have the M915 towing the M129a2 and the M435a2 dropside trailer M1010 Monster Mash Bamberlance with the M105 a 2 super camper sheeeeeeewwee maybe the 600 GRIZZ too. Call or drop me a line if ya need anything special.

Last edited:

3ID ARMY BRAT

My girlfriend and I will be coming on the 14th-17th in our M35A2 w/w.

Do you recommend bringing anything in particular (other than obvious camping supplies), such as water, a generator, food etc.? Also, are dogs permitted in the park, or does anyone have any objection to them being at the rally? It's our first time to a rally, and the wait is killing me!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My girlfriend and I will be coming on the 14th-17th in our M35A2 w/w.

Do you recommend bringing anything in particular (other than obvious camping supplies), such as water, a generator, food etc.? Also, are dogs permitted in the park, or does anyone have any objection to them being at the rally? It's our first time to a rally, and the wait is killing me!
Unless the dog stays right by your side at all times, I don't think it is a great idea. Many of us camp in an area that should be ok, but out in the trails could be dangerous for him/her.

3ID ARMY BRAT

So where will we meet up if there is going to be a convoy?

But, at the same time I'm thinking about taking US40 and having a little fun on the old back roads.

3ID ARMY BRAT

So where will we meet up if there is going to be a convoy?

But, at the same time I'm thinking about taking US40 and having a little fun on the old back roads.

212sparky

3ID ARMY BRAT:

Bring whatever you want. I agree with Gimpy, it will be more fun for you if you leave your dog at home, it can get dangerous quick you never know when Gimpy will want to show off his undercarriage again. Haspin is located out in rural Indiana so if you need something it is a haul to the store. What part of Columbus are you from?

This is on my calendar. Hope to be there Friday and Saturday nights. It will be my first rally also. I have a feeling I'll never be the same after this.
Is Gimpy doing an offroad driving school?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3ID ARMY BRAT:

Bring whatever you want. I agree with Gimpy, it will be more fun for you if you leave your dog at home, it can get dangerous quick you never know when Gimpy will want to show off his undercarriage again. Haspin is located out in rural Indiana so if you need something it is a haul to the store.

That and if the locals find out, they'll eat it!

Sevin7

I will be there Wednesday evening through Sunday as will my oldest son (Brian) and my father (Dale). We will be bringing the M818 and the M1009 for sure. We will either be towing a M105A2 or the S280/Dolly combo. My mother and wife both will likely be down there at some point as well.

Building on what Strech said, I believe card carrying military members are free.

Can't wait!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks