• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 haspin info thread, June 11-15th

gungearz

I know that some of us have to put in vacation time for the following year before this years end... here we can discuss potential dates for the next rally and hope we can all agree on a date before the year is over. After we get a few dates in play, I shall contact Stretch and/or SW to start a poll...

Haspin acres is a family friendly offroad camping park... so YES, all children of all ages are welcomed. the park is open 24/7/365 to all people. There will be other people at the park during the rally... but next year, if we get enough people and setup alittle earlier, I can ask Pete (haspin management) if he can have the campground shut down to only our group...

The park offers showers and bathrooms that typically close at 9pm. There will be a port-a-potty available 24 hours by the campground. They also have a little (no frills) restaurant there, open on Saturday and Sunday. The park does not offer electric or water hookups but does have a well to get water from.... you have to be self reliant. there is a Walmart 10 miles down the road if anyone needs more supplies. There is also a good 80' deep pond there to go fishing in without worries of a fishing license (private property). You can also bring any kind of offroad vehicles (beneficial to getting around but not needed) imaginable...

Things our group can offer: electricity for a fee or fuel for the mep002 from Sparky, recoveries from all but mostly Sparky, parts, knowledge, trail rides, repairs and help from all.... everyone drives in and we do our best effort for everyone to drive back home safe and most of the time in better shape...

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting all the old and new members that couldn't make it before....

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Date has been set to June 11th-15th

Prices for the park are 15 dollars a day. Most times we are not charged for Wednesday night. That is with discount. Just mention steelsoldiers, or army truck gathering. Be sure to ask for a park map when checking in. Military veterans get additional discount.

Haspin is about 800 acres. Ride anywhere but campground. No electricity or water in campground. One set of restrooms and showers, about 1/8th mile from campground, and they can be very muddy. Water is available at office, and beside drag strip. Can camp in woods or campground.

Post up if you are going, how many people, trucks, etc, Other thread is for BS'ing

Link to haspin site

http://www.haspinacres.com/

Link to discussion thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?115626-2014-haspin-discussion-thread

Link to parts/trading/sell/buy thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?115628-2014-Haspin-parts-trade-sell-buy-thread

Last edited:

5tonman1971

I can't wait for this trip it will be my first SS gathering event!

it will be me and my wife and we will be arriving in OSCAR my m813a1

i can bring plenty of tools and fire wood

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yippee!! Another Ohio member going to Haspin. Now if we could just get thee rest of them to go.

:)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bring plenty of firewood, Gimpy likes a big fire.......

I have that week off, so we are planning on making the trip this year......

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bring plenty of firewood, Gimpy likes a big fire.......

I have that week off, so we are planning on making the trip this year......

As I recall the last time he didn't need a lot of firewood, he was using 1-gal jugs of WMO for effect. And what an effect it was..............

Last edited:

DrNefarious

Count me and the wife in! ill make sure to bring extra shoes and hood straps this round. Man i still haven't finished getting the 923 back in order from the last run. yeah.....definitely no more mud pits.

jw4x4

I suggest making something that doesn't taste quite as good. The spaghetti made me loose all of my self control and I ate myself into a food coma.

BSutter

BSutter and I are thinking about doing another cookout (like the fall rally) for the summer rally.... Do we have any suggestions...?
Now that I am aware of the fact that "we" were thinking (that's rare) of doing another cookout. I will be there, if additional equipment is needed for this years menu I will have it, or a reasonable facsimile of same, whatever that means.

I look forward to the Spring Rally.
Supposed to be a balmy -4°F by morning here in tropical SW Ohio. Stay warm.

That is all.

BSutter

I suggest making something that doesn't taste quite as good. The spaghetti made me loose all of my self control and I ate myself into a food coma.
Heavy doses of food coma are highly encouraged!
O.K. then, spaghetti it is.
Hey Tiffany, . . . start making sauce.

We may wish to rethink the menu for warm weather food. I equate spaghetti with cooler weather.

What say all of you?

That is all.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks