• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 la rally

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just wanting some input on having another rally. any one interested and some input on a date. we had a blast last few years and i have been looking for a better place to host this years rally but nothing has come up yet. so shout back with any ideas that we could hash over. thanks in advance.. the date has been set aprill 22 and 23 2016. ill be home thursday the 21st after 430 if anyone wants to come that afternoon and help finish setting up.

*** UPDATE ***

Rally will be at Timntrucks house in Ponchatoula LA on April 22nd and 23rd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cannot tell you how much fun that would be if I were not 2000 miles away from you guys!!!!
Karl

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If it's towards may, then maybe for me. March/April are going to be busy for me. I'd like to venture out to other events besides the GA Rally.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey bud I know that it is not La but we have a fairground that we can use in Poplarville, would help with rain or shine as we could be under covered areas.
That is a really nice venue for a rally, and it's only about 85 interstate miles east of Tim's place. Could call it the Gulf Coast SS Rally since we've had folks from TX LA MS GA AL and FL attend. Could also schedule a Sat. trip to Camp Shelby museum and base tour (if Jeff will volunteer to narrate) about 40 miles away. Unless things have changed, it's an open base with just a DL required to enter if the gate is manned.

Ms Pam, Ms Jess and Tim work really hard to prepare their home for the rally and clean up after everyone leaves, and everyone always has a great time. I'm good for either location. April 18-20 or 22-24 is best for me, otherwise I'm a day-tripper for just Sat. April 30.

goldneagle

Been to the Poplarville, MS location. It's a great place to hold the rally. Plenty of parking spaces including inside the building. Indoor bathroom facilities too. For me it's the same distance as to Ponchatula. It has a lot of potential for setting up displays or selling goods indoor (out of the weather).

m715mike

I had a blast last year and am looking forward to it again this year!

My schedule is always crazy. Late April/May is best for me, but don't plan around my schedule. Once a date is chosen, I'll do my best to attend.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in for April. The Poplarville location would be nice. Only minor concern I could see, Is food as I don't know the locations available in Poplarville but if the MKT is available, that might be the answer?

Side trip to Camp Shelby sounds awesome! Do I hear another visit to the armour shop? :)

zout

Tim and family hosted an outstanding event last year and I know we had a warm reception and a great time.
I am just not able to travel that far to were we could attend and will miss it.

Although we are holding just a small cookout low country boil it's not anything like we use to do nor close what Tim hosts.
Anyone in those areas I recommend highly to attend-you will have a fantastic time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks