• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 TX MV Rally

nofearnohope

Ladies and gentlemen, it's that time again. The weekend of April 1st-3rd is the next open house for the Museum of the American GI. I have the Off Road Ranch booked again. Let's get this party started. :driver:

runk

Woo-Hoo ! No conflicts this year !
(At least this far, hopefully my son won't get any as the semester goes on...)

Just in case anybody asks, here are some links -

Last year's thread -
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?134441-2015-TX-MV-Rally

The museum's site -
http://americangimuseum.org/events/living-history-weekend/

Where we camp for the weekend (The Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch) -
http://www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com/
Good trails, some big enough for Deuces and larger, nice big open dry hard field to camp in, with a place for a bonfire. Bathrooms (with showers) and very limited power (recharge your phone) in the "club house".

Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking into it, it overlaps on a possible trip that has yet to be confirmed. This is of course assumes my freakin' EUC clears for the 8x8 before then. :driver:

TexAndy

I won't be able to make it, but I can send some stuff up with mkcoen if anyone is interested.

I've got an NOS 809 series 5 ton transmission in the can.

And a bunch of ammo cans. .50 cal (m2a1) and 40mm

I'm looking for a spare m101a1 trailer rim and tire, too. If anyone who is going has one and is willing to part with it, mkcoen is willing to pick it up for me.

anjay22

Lincoln I remembered at one time it was the 3rd weekend of march, then the next year the last weekend of March. Im just giving my 2 cents, no complaints. Just an observation

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lincoln I remembered at one time it was the 3rd weekend of march, then the next year the last weekend of March. Im just giving my 2 cents, no complaints. Just an observation
Being timed to coincide with Brent Mullins event at the Museum of the American GI pretty much dictates when it'll be held. If the weather is anything like this weekend it might be too warm.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ladies and gentlemen, it's that time again. The weekend of April 1st-3rd is the next open house for the Museum of the American GI. I have the Off Road Ranch booked again. Let's get this party started. :driver:
Anything we need to do as far as reserving a space at the Off Road Ranch or just show up? Also could you post an address or directions for us 1st timers?

m715mike

Anything we need to do as far as reserving a space at the Off Road Ranch or just show up? Also could you post an address or directions for us 1st timers?

The address is: 6250 Hwy 47 Bryan, TX 77801

More detail here: http://www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

Just show up. I believe we get access to the park around 6pm that afternoon. Lincoln will collect a nominal fee per family ($20 maybe?) when you get there. I'll let Lincoln confirm the time and fee.

Expect to dry camp. We camp in a field next to a building with electricity and a bathroom (toilets and showers). Otherwise, bring what you need for cooking, sleeping, etc.

Madmedic

We plan to be there helping Manning. At a MINIMUM, I expect to have the M-Gator we restored for him there. Depending on the moods of the MV Gods, we may also have our 1009 (if the boy behaves and earns the right to drive it. Teenagers. Who can tell) or the M1010, or our other M-Gator, or a combination there of.

Miles.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there with my USAF flight line van if I can get it set up by then, otherwise the M1031 again.

nofearnohope

The address is: 6250 Hwy 47 Bryan, TX 77801

More detail here: http://www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

Just show up. I believe we get access to the park around 6pm that afternoon. Lincoln will collect a nominal fee per family ($20 maybe?) when you get there. I'll let Lincoln confirm the time and fee.

Expect to dry camp. We camp in a field next to a building with electricity and a bathroom (toilets and showers). Otherwise, bring what you need for cooking, sleeping, etc.
Gates will open on Friday about 5pm. The fee is $10/night/family. Everything else M715Mike said is correct.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got an email from Mullins about registering for the event. Have you guys done that in the past or just convoy over, park together and have an impromptu display?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks