• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2020-09-19 B-25 Belly Lands in a Field, San Joaquin County, California (Corrected state)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw this on facebook at 1:30am this morning.
Although not identified in the post, it looks like a B-25 or variant thereof to me.
Apparently posted by the San Joaquin County Sheriff's office late on Saturday September 19, 2020.

IMG_3783.PNG

IMG_3784.JPG

IMG_3785.JPG

IMG_3786.JPG

IMG_3787.JPG

San Joaquin County is east of San Francisco and includes the town of Stockton.

I have not yet seen other reports of this incident.

Please post links as you find them.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, I know you meant to type B-25. ;)

Sorry the plane got hurt, but she is fairly intact. Depends on how much the airframe got torqued to see if she will be able to fly again.
Best news is all aboard survived with minor injuries.

The dilemma over flying the old birds - letting people see and hear them in the air and risk losing them, or keep them for a much smaller audience safe on the ground.
I vote for seeing them fly, but there are some I have seen in the air in the last 45 years that are now little pieces of scrap metal. :(

Cheers

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
B-25 Mitchell one of my favorites as a kid. Man sad to see in this condition.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, I know you meant to type B-25. ;)

Sorry the plane got hurt, but she is fairly intact. Depends on how much the airframe got torqued to see if she will be able to fly again.
Best news is all aboard survived with minor injuries.

The dilemma over flying the old birds - letting people see and hear them in the air and risk losing them, or keep them for a much smaller audience safe on the ground.
I vote for seeing them fly, but there are some I have seen in the air in the last 45 years that are now little pieces of scrap metal. :(

Cheers
Thank you... my fingers induced a pilot error in typing that this morning. OOPS.
My apologies.
I've edited to reflect B-25.

Indeed, the crew's having survived is the best thing to come of this incident.
The loss of the aircraft though regrettable is a risk of keeping these artifacts in the air.
I also vote for keeping them flying for as long as they can be made airworthy.

Looking at the skin distortions of the fuselage, the structures will need very close scrutiny to determine her fate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks