• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

22.5 (6 lug) downsize question

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Currently running 22.5“ . Can I downsize these trailer wheels to a size that conforms more to a passenger towing truck. A standard trailer size wheel (6 lug 15” )or even 20”. Is that a simple swap or does it require some kind of adapter ? Understandably I may loose a little load capacity, not a problem .
there is a photo of when I initially transported the trailer, took 1 wheel off - for it to fit onto the bumperpull. attached are several other photos for reference. Thanks in advance .

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Currently running 22.5“ . Can I downsize these trailer wheels to a size that conforms more to a passenger towing truck. A standard trailer size wheel (6 lug 15” )or even 20”. Is that a simple swap or does it require some kind of adapter ? Understandably I may loose a little load capacity, not a problem .
there is a photo of when I initially transported the trailer, took 1 wheel off - for it to fit onto the bumperpull. attached are several other photos for reference. Thanks in advance .
Smallest you are going to find is 19.5in from an Isuzu. You can get to a 225

20in wheels in 6lug budd are going to be tubed.

Shortest tire you will find is 225 70 19.5 which can be found in 12 to 18 ply range. These are 32in tall.

Shortest 22.5 is 255 70 22.5 at 36.6in

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smallest you are going to find is 19.5in from an Isuzu. You can get to a 225

20in wheels in 6lug budd are going to be tubed.

Shortest tire you will find is 225 70 19.5 which can be found in 12 to 18 ply range. These are 32in tall.

Shortest 22.5 is 255 70 22.5 at 36.6in
Perfect thank you !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks