• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v trailer recepticle problem

Milkman357

I'm only getting 12v at the "Trailer Interconectivity Portal"..on my M-1009

So My M101A3 trailer isn't "BEING ALL IT CAN BE"

The tail lights still work, but the 24v side marker (yellow) lights are very dim..

Anybody know how 24v is supplied to the pigtail assembly?

Is there one wire that is 24v going to the connector assembly on the M-1009.. or do they somehow provide two 12v hot wires..

I am getting 12v at the cennector on the truck.. I was expecting it to be 24v..

pmramsey

It appears that you have stumbled upon one of those pesky M1009s that has 12-volts everywhere but the starter. Check for details in your technical manual

Barrman

That is the problem. Nothing on the CUCV is 24 volts except the starter, glow plug power supply and the slave cable recepticle.

Put in LED light buckets so the trailer can be pulled by anything. Or, if this is your only MV. Just change the bulbs out to 12V on the trailer.

Westech

CPL
I have LED's for sale that work on 10-36 volts..... I installed them on my M101 just for that reason.. also installing a MV trailer plug in the bumper of my GMC HD.

Milkman357

Thanks!

Wow.. I assumed that MY CUCV would have 24v for the trailer....

Well that saves me from having to figure out the problem...

You'all saved me a bunch of time.

Problem solved!

WARWAG

I was pretty amazed a few days ago when I plugged in my M101A1 Rust bucket, garbage scow trailer. The lights worked perfectly! This thing was and is a beater of a trailer and I just thought what the ****, lets plug her in. Everything worked. Its pretty amazing how well built the electrical system is on these trailers. Glad they were able to help you out. Post some pics of your trailer when you can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks