• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

30 to 35 duces

joeM62

A place has popped up selling a big amount of duces in the GA area. A local junkyard is supposed to get them. But I've been told he is going to sell parts or whole trucks. But these trucks are coming from a base would anybody here heard of a private mv owner with that amount of duces. :idea:

halftrack

I heard of NG units by-passing drmo and selling directly to whomever they want. The NG is state runned so I think some red tape federal laws don't always apply to them.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am guessing the guy bought them as scrap. Apparently, it is easier for the govt to rid itself of scrap than by selling the trucks individually. I will add that I believe, if trucks are sold as scrap, they have to be scrapped. In other words, if these trucks were sold to this dealer as scrap, they cannot be resold in their entirety.

halftrack

I must also add that 5 years ago Camp Shelby released about 200 trucks to a private auctioning firm near Hattiesburg, MS (not GL) to be sold (all NG trucks). They went from $500 to $800, most if not all were runners. You can also serve until your about 95 years old in the NG unlike the Reserves or Active Military which is 60 or 30 yrs serving (unless you are a General in which you get a waiver.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks