• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3116, 3126, c7 Ac compressor?

ramdough

Which engines share brackets and pulleys for the air conditioner compressor?

I am assuming the 3116 and 3126 use the same brackets and pulleys.....even if it has a serpentine belt on the 3126. Does the C7 share the same brackets, pulleys and compressor for air conditioning?

Am I right? Wrong?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third From Texas

I was told that they use the same bracket, but having owned a '98 w/3116 that had AC (driver-side mounting bracket) and now own a '08 w/C7 I do not see how the bracket from my old truck would work. I was even going to pull it to fab a replica.

I seem to recall Scott Dewitt who sellsthe brackets (or used to) say they were interchangeable. And he does have versions of each truck.

I have seen mention of a second bracket. It could be the C7 takes both or just the second one.

/shrug

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
It is 2 pieces, both of the parts in your 2 pictures. Fits all engines as far as I know. The sand colored part goes down to the LF engine mount, The black part bolts to that and to the front of the timing cover. Belt tensioner bolts to the front of the black part where the nut is welded inside the web om right side of pic.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Would be alot easier and cheaper to reroute the intercooler pipe and move the alternator up and put the AC compressor in its normal place, where the alternator currently sits at. Lots of civilian brackets in the junkyard with the serpentine setups for the 3116 anyway

There are also pedestal brackets for civilian alternators and compressors that are common CAT # 211 7876 for the alternator and the AC compressor sits above it. This can be done on the 3116 or 3126.

Lots of variants of brackets to use.

You can even use the bracket found in the MTVR Ac kit.

The kit for a serpentine crank, seals, with the dampener and adapter for the fan clutch is available brand new for $400 .

Attachments

Last edited:

Third From Texas

It is 2 pieces, both of the parts in your 2 pictures. Fits all engines as far as I know. The sand colored part goes down to the LF engine mount, The black part bolts to that and to the front of the timing cover. Belt tensioner bolts to the front of the black part where the nut is welded inside the web om right side of pic.
Well that clarifies it then, I appreciate it. Looking at the image from the front I see now why I thought my old truck only had the one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks