• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85R20 tires for Deuce

Hainebd

I am going to mount 395 on my deuce. I have tires, tubes are on order and shop is set up to dismount the 9.00 and 11.00 off of the stock deuce rims to put the 395 on. My question is flip the rear hubs and run wheel in or leave hubs stock and mount wheels out? Why would you the way you are suggesting?

thank you in advance for your support?
Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Flip the hubs. Your wheels will line up right and not look goofy. While your in there, you can adjust the brakes so you have good stopping response.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
395/85R20 tires on stock M35 wheels

....................... Why would you the way you are suggesting?
Do as Gimpy said. Otherwise your rear track would be 14 inches wider (!) than at the front...

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

UPFINN

I have also wondered about mounting 395s on the 9x20 rims.

I will be needing new tires in a few thousand miles or less, or even sooner. It looks like the tires in the 11.00x20 size range, including ndts and g177s are getting in short supply and the price is rising. Is this true?

If you can't find 9x20s it actually seems cheaper now to switch to 395s instead of dual 11x20s. If you go with 395s I think the safest way to do it would be to get the adapter plate for the proper rims. The downside to the 395s is they are heavy and they may not fit in the spare tire space.

I am thinking that you could single out 11x20s, but I don't know how they would change the load capacity though.

ATPTac

We ended up getting some 395's on MRAP's due to cost. Our 76 has 11x20's on it now and to replace 11 of those it would have been around the same amount as we spent on 7 brand new XZL's mounted on MRAP's minus the adapter plates. And I agree about not using the stock rims, we looked at a truck a while back that was singled with stock rims and it was a little unnerving looking with how much the tires were bulging.

Rusty nuts

I only lasted 6 months with 395's on stock rims before I changed out to MRAP wheels.....it drives Soooo much better with MRAP wheels and no rubbing in the front. The stock rims are just to narrow.

cahner

I am trying to decide the best way to go about the same thing.

Can someone help me with the advantages and disadvantages of using the 395s on M35A3 wheels vs the MRAP with adapters?

Thank you!
Casey

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am trying to decide the best way to go about the same thing.

Can someone help me with the advantages and disadvantages of using the 395s on M35A3 wheels vs the MRAP with adapters?

Thank you!
Casey
Not much. The A3 wheels sometimes people want blood for. They are MPT so 395s have a hard time beading up on the wheels

Mrap type wheels are cheap cause they only fit specific things and most folks don't have them.

ToddJK

Talking about 396/85/20 tires, how do most of y'all get them? GL or buy used ones from sources found online? I found some where a decently used tire is around $150-$200, but the shipping is horrendous! Costs just as much if not more than the tire itself, lol.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Talking about 396/85/20 tires, how do most of y'all get them? GL or buy used ones from sources found online? I found some where a decently used tire is around $150-$200, but the shipping is horrendous! Costs just as much if not more than the tire itself, lol.
Got about 3000 of em. Just no time to go thru the used ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks