• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395 85R20 tires on stock deuce rims

banditt1979

I've done some searching on the forum and the webs. I'm on the fence about singling out my deuce due to tire/wheel costs. But from what I've read the NDT tires are rough in the snow and on wet pavement. I would like to get some fresh opinions on going ahead with the subject line on my M35A2. Or replacing all 10 tires with something else that doesn't cost more than I paid for the truck. Or any other suggestions. Thanks guys!

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started with 395’s on stock wheels but it wasn’t a good combo. When I would air down the tires it would spin the tube and tear off the valve stems. I only kept it that way a few months and switched to recentered HEMTT wheels. Well worth it and should have done so from the beginning. I like the 11.00s kept with all 10 wheels, more expensive now but also a good option of G177s or the Firestone I think they are T831s.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also started out with 395s on stock wheels but had similar problems. I settled on map wheels with adapter plates. I now have the beads locked so airing down to near nothing is no problem. My spare is still on a stock wheel.

Some people may rarely, if ever air down much and that would work better. The left front tire will hit the steering, limiting right turn radius and both front tires will hit the cooling louvers in the fender well on articulation. I had two stock wheels widened by 3 inches to the outside and that solved both interference problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks