• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4a032 engine trouble

Masonic86

Hi have a military generator 4a032 has trouble starting pickup off another person heard genset run but the other person used a lot of ether to get machine going problems and issues also want to convert to electric start

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi have a military generator 4a032 has trouble starting pickup off another person heard genset run but the other person used a lot of ether to get machine going problems and issues also want to convert to electric start
The 4a032 is the motor number , what model generator is it ?
Might want to post a picture.

Guyfang

Staff member
Also looking for tms
The TM's are listed in the Gererator TM forum.

I would wait on the Valve job. The engine is world famous for having Carburetor problems, and, as its not been converted to solid state ignition, (This alone caused more problems for the engine all by itself.) needs to be timed, and the points set RIGHT. Its a PITA. The Points and condensers need to be looked at closely. I never ever, did a valve job on one of the engines in the close to 30 years of generator repair.

GopherHill

The TM's are listed in the Gererator TM forum.

I would wait on the Valve job. The engine is world famous for having Carburetor problems, and, as its not been converted to solid state ignition, (This alone caused more problems for the engine all by itself.) needs to be timed, and the points set RIGHT. Its a PITA. The Points and condensers need to be looked at closely. I never ever, did a valve job on one of the engines in the close to 30 years of generator repair.
Check valve clearances, not do a "valve job".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks